Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Father's Day.....aaaand Mother's Day

As you well know, this coming Sunday is Father's Day. A day to celebrate our dad's and also our hubbies and the father's of our children. I'm looking forward to spoiling David this year, since I enjoyed my Mother's day so much. His requests involve things like "laying on the couch and watching t.v. all day and not feeling guilty about it." Done. He has been wanting to go Kayaking for awhile now, but the man is so busy and travels a lot, so there isn't a lot of down time in his schedule. I asked him if he would enjoy getting up really early on Sunday and heading out to Springfield Lake and me renting a kayak for a couple of hours for him. He is excited and will probably go to do that (he is happiest being up at the crack of dawn before we all wake up). Then me and the kids will work on a special breakfast for him while he is out there with his thoughts and a paddle. :-) Today we enjoyed Little Girl's first swim meet and she was SOO tired when it was over. We treated ourselves to Chik-Fil-A and then we headed downtown for those cupcakes I told you about. We were all quite happy about that treat. Very happy. I hit the gym for a vigorous 45 minutes of cardio so that I didn't feel as guilty. It did make me feel better. Then, we stopped at Pier One (I know!) and got David a gift from the kids. When we walked in, LG said, "this doesn't look like a store daddy would like!" Ha! Smart girl. But - they had this cool ring toss game for the backyard on sale and the kids wanted to get it for him. We scored the very last one. Woo! Hoo! I just stumbled across some pics from my fun Mother's Day in May and thought I would throw out some pictures. I enjoyed all my favorites including the kids making me "heart eggs on toast" and coffee in bed. Sweetness. Then we went to church, out to my favorite mexican restaurant and out for a long hike. We ordered pizza for dinner and then out to Andy's frozen custard for a treat to polish off the day. I loved it. The kids bought me a new Starbucks mug that I wanted that said "tall. 12 oz". Simple and cute. I also got a SB gift card to continue the caffeine addiction. It was perfect. So, make an effort to love on those dads and hubbies this Sunday. I have a wonderful Dad I am so thankful for and I also have my hunka-burnin' love that is the most amazing father to our kiddos that I could ever ask for. He makes them feel cherished, adored and unique. His love is pure and we are blessed to have him in our lives. Happy Early Father's Day boys! :-)

No comments: