Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Late night fashion fun

Dave is out working late tonight and that leaves me to my own devices involving dinner, entertaining the children and flopping on the couch mindlessly watching television and browsing the internet until my eyes feel as though they may explode. I have to admit, since losing these 20 lbs. that I have shed since the beginning of the year, I have been drawn more and more back into fashion. The last couple of years I remember mentioning to David that I "think I lost my mojo" in the "how to dress myself and look put together and cute" department. I used to always have my toenails match my outfit every day and my hair styled in different and unique ways on a weekly basis and I NEVER wore the same thing twice in a monthly rotation. Where did that chick go? Oh yes, she had children, stopped working at an office job everyday and started feeling like 2 items that "at least didn't clash" would work as far as my wardrobe went. It's been fun getting ideas on Pinterest and feeling inspired to build a new look for myself as I enjoy this new smaller version of Kara. My favorite new site for fashion ideas: J's Everyday Fashion. Seriously - this girl is so adorable and her ideas are super practical and helpful to a a girl like me. She lives in Orlando......she does fashion consulting and wardrobe help........Dave travels there a lot. I think you see where I'm going with this. :-) Now that I've said that - I'm looking around my house for things to sell to pay for such a thing. I believe I'm dreaming on that one. I'm still loving all my "skinny" recipes from the best blog of all time - "Skinnytaste.com. Some of our family favorites are the Pork Carnitas, slow cooker barbecue pulled pork, and chicken quesadillas. Also, I am getting ready to try out one of her newest recipes - Summer Macaroni salad with tomatoes and cucumbers. It looks so amazing to me. Can you say 4th of July yumminess?? This summer is flying by at an insane speed. Little girl has swim team practice every morning at 9:00 am. and then a swim meet once a week. We have 2 art day camps for both kiddos next month. We have a trip up to see my family to love on our newest member - Parker Jansen Oyler soon, and we have a trip to see David's family for some hangout time right after that. With two August birthdays in my house - we will be busy with those right up until school starts again. Wow!! (sweet friendships) (hanging with my sister for a baby shower for Parker) I better get some sleep. That whole little break down is making me sleepy. Happy Summer my friends!

No comments: