HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYBODY!!! I have missed my connection with all of you over the blogging airwaves these past few days. The sick bug has sufficiently worked it's way through our whole family and has been quite the adventure for us. Last week, Makenna did the barfing thing, the fever thing and the cranky thing (is that a sickness) and then on Monday - the day before I flew out to New York - from out of the blue - I get wacked in the head with the flu bug. I flew out of Kansas City feeling like I had gotten run over by a truck and was SOOOOO nervous that I wouldn't be well for my surprise Valentines Day gift from David that I got yesterday. I knew that he had his mom coming over for the whole afternoon and evening and that he had some fun things planned, but I was panicking because the whole night before I couldn't sleep because of my 101 degree fever, aches and constant chills that took over my body. My fever finally broke around 4:30 in the morning yesterday, but I still felt............really bad! David said - we are going to have to drug you up then girl because your not going to want to miss this! I drug myself into the shower, tried to make myself look as cute as possible with the flu and we headed out into the downpouring rain. I told David - if walking around in the freezing rain in New York doesn't make you feel like you are getting sicker by the second, then I don't know what does! Well, in spite of my illness - we had lots of fun and my hubby definitely wins an award for the planning and thought that went into our fun evening. Here's the scoop on our night: He first took me to see "Curtains" the broadway show that features David Hyde Pierce (Niles from Frasier) - Really good; next, he took me to the legendary Serendipity for dinner and dessert. We had down home Shepherds pie and then for dessert we had this sundae that was to die for. It consisted of 1 slice of peanut butter pie with graham cracker crust, vanilla ice cream, bananas and thick, hot fudge drizzled all over the whole thing and literally dripping off the bowl onto the plate underneath it. We split one and absolutely couldn't finish it! Last - we went to Madison Square Garden to see.................CARRIE UNDERWOOD and KEITH URBAN in concert!!!! How cool is that?? I have to admit, we weren't there to see Keith (he's great and married to Nicole Kidman for those of you who don't know!), but we were there to see Carrie and she was so great in concert! She had like 3 costume changes and did all of the best of her songs from both of her albums. Very, very fun. We only stayed for about 2 of Keith's songs because it was so loud that my already painful headache turned into a viscious one once he started. David got me home and in bed by 10:30 last night. Well, that was one wonderful and painful Valentines. I would have really loved it had I not been so miserable, but I did still have a great time. I added some pics of our fun night and maybe even a video if it works right. Please don't judge my flat and lifeless hair - it was raining on me all night and this is just what the hair wanted to do! Let me know what you guys are doing or have done for Valentines Day!
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Happy Valentines Day!
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYBODY!!! I have missed my connection with all of you over the blogging airwaves these past few days. The sick bug has sufficiently worked it's way through our whole family and has been quite the adventure for us. Last week, Makenna did the barfing thing, the fever thing and the cranky thing (is that a sickness) and then on Monday - the day before I flew out to New York - from out of the blue - I get wacked in the head with the flu bug. I flew out of Kansas City feeling like I had gotten run over by a truck and was SOOOOO nervous that I wouldn't be well for my surprise Valentines Day gift from David that I got yesterday. I knew that he had his mom coming over for the whole afternoon and evening and that he had some fun things planned, but I was panicking because the whole night before I couldn't sleep because of my 101 degree fever, aches and constant chills that took over my body. My fever finally broke around 4:30 in the morning yesterday, but I still felt............really bad! David said - we are going to have to drug you up then girl because your not going to want to miss this! I drug myself into the shower, tried to make myself look as cute as possible with the flu and we headed out into the downpouring rain. I told David - if walking around in the freezing rain in New York doesn't make you feel like you are getting sicker by the second, then I don't know what does! Well, in spite of my illness - we had lots of fun and my hubby definitely wins an award for the planning and thought that went into our fun evening. Here's the scoop on our night: He first took me to see "Curtains" the broadway show that features David Hyde Pierce (Niles from Frasier) - Really good; next, he took me to the legendary Serendipity for dinner and dessert. We had down home Shepherds pie and then for dessert we had this sundae that was to die for. It consisted of 1 slice of peanut butter pie with graham cracker crust, vanilla ice cream, bananas and thick, hot fudge drizzled all over the whole thing and literally dripping off the bowl onto the plate underneath it. We split one and absolutely couldn't finish it! Last - we went to Madison Square Garden to see.................CARRIE UNDERWOOD and KEITH URBAN in concert!!!! How cool is that?? I have to admit, we weren't there to see Keith (he's great and married to Nicole Kidman for those of you who don't know!), but we were there to see Carrie and she was so great in concert! She had like 3 costume changes and did all of the best of her songs from both of her albums. Very, very fun. We only stayed for about 2 of Keith's songs because it was so loud that my already painful headache turned into a viscious one once he started. David got me home and in bed by 10:30 last night. Well, that was one wonderful and painful Valentines. I would have really loved it had I not been so miserable, but I did still have a great time. I added some pics of our fun night and maybe even a video if it works right. Please don't judge my flat and lifeless hair - it was raining on me all night and this is just what the hair wanted to do! Let me know what you guys are doing or have done for Valentines Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wow! What a Valentine Date! David went all out. So fun. Sorry you are under the weather. Hope you feel better soon!!!
Kisses from Kylee for Makenna!
Kara~ what a sweet hubbie you have! I love Carrie Underwood. She has such a great voice. I also love pie and ice cream....:)
I got a card.
Do you blame me for getting the flu?
Hey girl! Awesome Valentine's Day! I am in Philadelphia for a surprise valentine's day. Loads of fun. 20 hour trip but hey, I will take it. I have a sinus infection! Is the whole world sick? Miss you. Glad you're back in the blogosphere.
I actually was thinking your hair looked cute before I found out that it wasn't the way you wanted it. How stinky to be sick for such a wonderful V-Day treat!!!
Christian got the flu the day before Valentine's Day and he and I were up all night. Needless to say Christian and I were in bed by 7pm on Valentines night. Poor Kelly let us hold off our celebration until tonight (Friday).
Post a Comment