Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Salon Day for Mwah! (that's me!)

It's Mother-in-law week as you all know, which means lots of spoiling of the children and family time and.............a chance for me to get a few things done.

Today's agenda was that I had a mom's meeting at the church and the 2 cuties opted to stay home. The other order of business was dance class and a small recital for us parents.

Side note: My daughter - who is quite social, loves to dance, never wants to leave anything fun, can't wait to "perform" for us whenever we ask - was such a dramatic booger all night! They had to send her to me three times because she was screaming her head off about some random finger injury and the other one she kind of fell and just wouldn't stop crying. Drama city!

The teacher said. And I quote. "I've never had a child fall so much in any of my classes."

Yeah - we've got a Grace on our hands here.

Anyone remember the broken arm? The fractured collar bone? The split lip? The cracked eyelid? Yeah. My child has some balance issues.

Anyway - we had Grandma here and she was crying like crazy in the middle of class....begging to go home of all things. What? No we're not going home girl. Are you crazy? Grandma and me have been looking forward to this moment for weeks. Now get out there and boogie.

Well, ultimately she did boogie and boogie and twirl and fall down and stand on her head - and a lot of other various things the teacher did NOT ask her to do.

Goodness.

But the best part of my day was a trip to the salon. I have struggled and struggled to find a good hair place to attend to my locks since moving to Indy and I stumbled upon this cute girl at the play gym last week and asked her where she got it done.

I tried the place today. It was reasonably priced. Christian music was playing. It was friendly.

And.

She cut my hair exactly how I was asking.

My color was the colors I had asked for.

I had no strange root line showing afterwards.

My hair didn't have bulky places.

My bangs hung at an angle and were appropriately thinned out.

All the world was in unison and at peace.

I never like my hair after a cut people and today I loved it.

Score one for Me!!!

Here are some pics of the new do!

Please don't judge. Pictures don't really show how it "feels" on my head. It feels friendly and I really do like it.



8 comments:

Julie said...

Love the hair! She did a great job! Yah! As for little girl...hilarious! I can just picture the whole recital. You should've brought a video camera...these are the moments that can win you $10,000 on America's Funniest Home Videos!

Amber said...

LOVE the hair- it looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!!

Jamie said...

Great hair!! Thank the Lord for great in-laws.

Carrie said...

Great Blog... Little Girl is so adorable... :-) I love the new haircut!!

Natalie K said...

HOT MAMA. You better not leave the house until it grows into an ugly haircut. Moms with little babies should not be able to look this GREAT! You're amazing!

The Oswalds said...

Very nice "DO"! Love when you can finally find someone that does just what you want and more! Yeah for good hair dressers!

Lynn said...

That is one totally cute do! A good hairdresser is such a blessing.