It wasn't intentional. It was just that....since my last post, where I confessed the craziness that was my life, I realized that the craziness wasn't slowing down nor was the "easiness" of my week. Last week was tough. Let me tell ya.
I opted out of posting all the crying and crankiness going on at my house and spare you the details. It was rosey.
I did, however, exercise 5 days last week and I was so proud of myself. I ate pretty good....until Thursday when David and I went out to Ruth's Chris for our early Valentines. Then I made heart-shaped EVERYTHING all day on Saturday to celebrate as a family. It was so fun, but I didn't end up eating good that day either.
Then - my amish friendship bread was due to be baked yesterday and I did so - thowing chocolate chips in for good measure.
It was yummy.
Let's not talk about how many pieces I ate.
I think I am stress eating.
I started biting my nails a few days ago.
They are gone.
I haven't bitten my nails since the pre-braces years.
This can't be good.
I need to go to the gym today, but I am having trouble getting my chocolate chip amish bread induced tooshy off this chair to head in there.
Goodness.
Wait - is this blog taking a depressing turn again? SOO not intentional, but yet here it's little self goes.
Sorry about that.
Can't really share all the reasons I am stressed on this big big open outlet of information, but I can say that God is Good.
God is faithful.
God never fails me.
My nails will grow again.
I will go to the gym this week.
Shew. And that is good enough for today.
I did do a good-girl thing and planned my family food menu for the week and have my grocery list written out and ready to go. This always makes me feel good and I know I am getting really good food options out of this when I take the time to make it happen.
Score one for me!! :-)
I am throwing in some Valentines pics of my kids to make you smile. They just don't get any cuter than this.

4 comments:
Sorry about your rough week Kara! I have also been stress eating....moving with 2 small kids is VERY stressful, huh? I still don't have everything where I want it! So the pounds have come on....what is with that? Maybe you can be my accountability partner with this....I need motivation bad! Hope your kids got all their crying and crankiness out LAST week!
Hey Kara- I can sooooo empathize with life stress. Geez! Sounds like you are clinging to the only One that can lift us up though! Keep the blogs coming- even if you're stressed. Mine is a great outlet for me- even when they aren't the funniest or most amusing posts ever. :)
I'm reading this blog and thinking and praying for you. Some days being a mom is harder than ever. Amber sent me this article by email that made me feel so much better. I'll email it to you and maybe you'll get a chuckle out of it. Let's connect tomorrow. I'm here for you if you need me sooner. You know where to find me.
Hang in there. You are a great mom and are doing an amazing job!
Glad to see you in the blogosphere again....we all need a break from our computers on occasion.
Looks like you had a yummy Valentine's Day.
Post a Comment