Thursday, April 22, 2010

Weekend Road Trip

I know it's only Thursday, but I am already planning out my weekend and getting ready for our ROAD TRIP.

We are heading up to see my family on Saturday for a few days and the plans involve children's soccer games, bbq at my brother's house, eating lots and lots of good food, laughing, talking, going to church and, oh yeah, finding out what my sister is having. Yep. She's pregnant. After about 10 years of hoping and praying for a 3rd, the Lord totally surprised her (and us) with a little blessing. She has had a sneak peak at this baby, but we are all waiting for an actual 20 week sonogram confirmation to find out if the onesie I bought that says "I love mommy" and is pink and ruffly will work, or the brown and orange one that says "dad's bbq buddy" will be the way to go.

SO excited.

Before we head up to see the fam though, I am going to be in garage sale heaven. I have sales to hit tomorrow morning and also a neighborhood sale on Saturday morning. I have cash pulled out and ready to spend (which I totally shouldn't say because now I will find nothing), so Yay! for deals.

Last great news is that my hubby finally gets in today after being out of town all week. We are not fans around here when daddy is gone. It's stinky. It's sad and the children like to revolt when he is not home. Little Girl and daddy officially have a date tomorrow night to Chuckee Cheese, so watch out Chuckee - here they come!

The weather is so puny and rainy right now that there is no yard work right now, but it looks pretty great from the work I have already done. It's probably best anyway since the budget may be gone anyway. Too scared to look. :-)

Next agenda is adding new rock to our landscape out back and add fresh mulch to the front. I LOVE the smell and look of fresh mulch. But you knew that already, didn't you?

Have a great Weekend friends.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Oh how exciting! I can't wait to hear what your sister is having! Have a safe, fun trip and let us know, Little Girl needs a girl cousin!