Sunday, May 2, 2010

The fumes are getting to me

I have become a spray-paint-aholic.

It's true.

I go garage saleing now and I look at things and think to myself, "well, I could totally just spray paint it and make it my own". These decorating blogs are going to my head. I want to turn things into a chalkboard or a off white, antiqued little thing of beauty.

I just finished spraying down a new urn so that I can do my numbered balls and balls of twine project. More on that later - with pics of course. And, I also gave a coat of "cream" love to a new lamp I just bought for $2 at a garage sale. Totally looks different and now I just need to find a different little shade and "Wa-lla" - perfection!

I bought a nice, big mirror from my friend Julie about a month ago and did the same thing to it. David is scheduled (yeah - that's right) to hang it this week. Can't wait to see it in the new dining room. Used to be gold color, but now it's french country cuteness.

I also purchased 2 really cool frames from an elderly woman who lives on the street behind me and my goal is to paint the frame robin egg's blue and then paint the glass with black chalkboard paint and write little sayings on it for my dining room. I hope it turns out as cute as it looks in my head. :-)

This post would be so much more exciting with pictures, but I am still using the borrowed camera and it can tend to be difficult to use, so I don't document as much as I would like.

BUT.....

Tax return money is on it's way people and that means a new camera is my very near future.

Anyone want to share some great camera suggestions? Please? Anyone?

Thanks.

2 comments:

Carli said...

I am totally in the same phase.... once I painted that table, I am all over everything else. I also blame those darn decorating blogs... mainly buzzings of a queen bee. But... it IS fun! Can't wait to see your pics

Beth K said...

Splurge on a DSLR! I promise you won't regret it. My fave is the Nikon D40, a fabulous camera for beginning DSLR users.