Hello?
Helloooooo?
Hello - oooooo.
Hey.
It's me. Kara. The writer of this blog. The girl who has been MIA for awhile. Sorry 'bout that.
If you read my last couple of posts, you'll know I hurt my back. This is a re-occurring issue that I have from time to time, but it's been awhile (as in a couple of years) that it's actually taken me down and out of the game of life. I mentioned that I was feeling better, but still had some lingering pain on my way up to see my family for the weekend a couple of weeks ago. Well, Dave got sick at the last minute and I had to drive the 3 1/2 hour trip alone. With my back pain. I was concerned, but figured I would just be a little sore.
Well, the drive about killed me and when I got there I felt like my back was in one tangled knot of pain and it was almost unbearable. The picture of me in the scooter is what I had to humbly submit to since I met my sister and nephew Cooper at the zoo upon arriving into town. I walked 10 minutes before I "surrendered". Please stop laughing.
It proceeded to stay just bad enough to be difficult to walk through my whole trip and I was thankful to be at a family reunion where the family all took care of my kiddos for me and made sure they were swung around and put on shoulders and loved on for the trip. It really was such a great time and special day for the kiddos - despite all my pain.
See? They didn't suffer.







Here's a fun one of all the "immediate family" cousins. Isn't Baby Cooper a doll?

Well, I iced my back and did stretches and took large amounts of ibuprofen to get me through Sunday. I absolutely could not drive again, so my parents drove me halfway home and then my friend Julie (my best friend ever!!) came to drive me the rest of the way. Have I already used the word "humble"? It takes a great amount of pride swallowing to have your friends and family rearrange their lives to help you out with simple things like driving or doing your children's hair. Yes. It's VERY hard for me. But I am so blessed for the people that surround me in my life.
It started feeling better in a couple of days. I even walked an hour with Julie at the gym. I took it super slow and didn't lift anything or bend in any way if I didn't have to. But, what I did do, was bend down to help Baby Boy slip his shoe on for school last Thursday and my back "caught" and seized up while then taking me to the ground. It was beyond painful. I couldn't move. It hurt to breathe. I was back to square one with the intensity up by 10 X. I had my MRI in an hour.
Fastforward. I have been down since last Thursday and doped up on heavy pain meds and muscle relaxers. The MRI found bulging discs (which I already knew), but it also had a new one that is pinching on a nerve and narrowing places that shouldn't be narrowed. It also showed mild arthritis in my lower spine. I meet with a doctor again on Wed. to see if I can do physical therapy or if surgery is needed to correct this. I am praying for something easy and something to bring me back to normal. I'm not a fan of staring at my ceiling 24/7.
What I am thankful for is the continued hugs and kisses from my kids all day long, asking me if I'm o.k. and praying for me. They are my world. I miss swinging them around. I miss lifting them into my lap. Please pray for wisdom for my doc on Wednesday if you think of me. I would so appreciate it!
Aren't you glad you wondered where I went? Shew! I am tired too. You better go get some chocolate and a coffee after all that drama.
Have a great Tuesday tomorrow! I will tell you all about what I am cooking up in the kitchen once I get back in there. I miss cooking too. I'm crazy.
Nighty-Night

2 comments:
Continuing to pray for you, Kara! Hang in there, and continue to trust in God's healing hand to touch you.
Poor girl! I've been checking for an update since the family reunion, I was hoping that you were out having too much fun to stop and blog. You are being prayed for!
Post a Comment