Please understand the HUGE disappoint that caused in our household. Ugh. We were all snuggled in - DVR Remote in hand and ready to decompress and laugh our little heads off. Nothin'.
Well, instead we watched some of the so called "top Superbowl Commercials" that were not all that great - at all. Fun.
I made the Italian Meatballs from Weight Watchers last night. Me and the kids liked them. David said they weren't his favorite thing, so they probably won't make the rotation again. I did burn the brown rice though, so that was a plus (sarcasm thrown in there). We went out for dinner tonight, so I was officially off duty and I didn't mind that all. Tomorrow night I'm making the chicken stuffed shells which is a first-timer, so I'm hoping for rave reviews. :-)
Little Girl is such a little artist. She has a little friend from school that she has been doing playmates with and they are like two peas in a pod. It truly makes me happy to watch them play together. I hear words like "Great job on that project!" "I like what you did on that." "You are going to be my best friend forever". "Do you need extra pom-pons for your puppet?" Ha! This type of chatter makes me smile. They both love being creative and when E (her friend) came over yesterday, I asked if they wanted to go outside to play or craft. The both looked at each other and yelled "CRAFT!" at the same time. Friendships are something that I talk to LG about a lot. I believe having a good friend in this world is one of God's greatest gift. I pray she waters each special friendship she is given with tender care and that she treats it like a treasure.
My BFF Julie has been my workout partner for 2 1/2 years. We have kept ourselves in shape for quite some time and I'm so proud of us. We watch each other eat when it's a holiday or cold outside, or we're sad, or we're bored, or we saw something on Pinterest that we just HAD to bake - and then we kick each other's tail to work it all off. It's a lovely friendship. :-)
Well, right now, she has added to our workout some "Fabulous Abs February" thing she saw that you do each day for the month of February. I say I'd like some fabulous abs. Or at least to not look like I'm in my second trimester. Small goals here. I missed the very first day due to numerous things, but I'm doubling up tonight. Wish me luck. My stomach hurts already.
On a final note, Little Girl had "decades day" yesterday at school for Spirit Week. I went with the 80's and by golly if she wasn't the cutest thing ever.

No comments:
Post a Comment