Oh my word! Tonight is the Parenthood Finale. One of my favorite shows of all time. It promises to ensue lots of laughter and tears in me tonight, so I need my energy.
I wanted to share with you that I posted a recipe for Crockpot Creamy Potato Soup over at The Recipe Box. You must make it. You must. Quick. Before Spring totally takes us over and it's 70 degrees everyday and soup doesn't sound appealing anymore.
Go!
Oh, and I had a total flashback in time yesterday at Walmart with Baby Boy. We were shopping for nearly $130 worth of groceries when we finally headed to the checkout. This little elderly gentleman came up to us and had a shiny quarter held out towards BB. My child is not very stranger friendly if you are of the adult-variety, so he just leaned back and gave me the side-eye from the cart. I told him it was o.k., and the sweet man handed the quarter to him and BB exclaimed - "A Quarter! A Quarter!". We told him thank you and went about throwing the bread, the eggs and the vanilla coffee creamer on the conveyer belt. People don't do that anymore. A quarter essentially has little to no value in our society anymore. Our generation doesn't bend over to pick up a penny that they see on the curbside. They don't hand out $1 to their grandkids as a gesture of love and kindness like I remember my Grandpa and Great Uncles used to do. It was just so sweet to me that he did that for baby boy. Oh - and the best part! BB immediately said he wanted to put it in Little Girl's buddy barrel for church (they fill it with change to raise money for missions work). He couldn't wait to get it home to put it in there.
I love the simple things!
Nighty-Night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment