Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The holidays are over.....let's get serious

David and I were driving down the road tonight and we saw everyone's Christmas lights all lit up like they were somehow still celebrating a holiday that is now OVER.  Isn't it funny how the lights and all the Christmas cheer everywhere seems so right and so appropriate all the way until Christmas day and then - boom.....December 26th comes and it's like "Who are you kidding? Just take the lights down and put away frosty.  It's O-V-E-R people!".  Ok.  Maybe this is just our household.  We love everything Christmas.  We love the food.  We love the music and the decorations featured on every store-front and neighborhood.  And, we love Christmas morning.  Now, Little girl is only 2, so traditions can only be started to an extent since she will never remember, however, we chose to copy one of my sister's family traditions and we made red and green pancakes (with yummy sprinkles) and put candles in them for Jesus's birthday. Little Girl loved singing to Jesus and she loved the pancakes maybe even a little bit more.  We opened our gifts to each other and loved that part as everyone does.  We read to her from her new Bible about the Christmas story and watched one of her new movies. It was a good day.  Nice and relaxing and actually in our own home!  Woo! Hoo!  But, again, it's now December 27th and it's time to get serious.  David and I polished off the last pieces of my amazing (if I do say so myself) pecan pie I made yesterday and David is at the movies with his family right now eating his precious final bag of sour-patch kids candy he received in his stocking.  I am currently eyeing a piece of chocolate that has been left on the counter for consumption, but then I'm done people.  I mean it.  My sister and I have a saying....once your underwear starts getting tight.....well, it just might be time to get serious and lose some weight.  Eat healthy this new year my friends and keep your underwear baggy!  :-)

2 comments:

lianne said...

Hey Kara! Loved the picture of Makenna with her snowman.
Don't worry...My underwear are tight right now too :(

Anonymous said...

Hi Kara! We already miss you guys! Hope you have a great New Year and I will see you in a month. BTW...how is Makeena adjusting to her "big girl" bed?