Monday, September 20, 2010

Monkey Hat and Pot Pie

I am so excited about my new recipe blog over at The Recipe Box and I hope you all will check it out. I am coming up with a fun giveaway if I hit a certain number of followers over there. I am thinking of doing one on this blog too, so get a jump start and if you aren't already following - sign up today on both of my blogs! Thanks for the support!

Yesterday was a nice day at home with the family after we got home from church. After having the icky Stomach Flu on Friday, we didn't end up getting to go to our family reunion and we laid low here at home. Little Girl was in a creative mood and kept asking me to make this hat. I am not creative at all when it comes to these types of little projects and I usually direct her to her father if he is home, but the man was busy.

Bummer.

She told me that she saw Curious George make this hat on his show and she really, really wanted one. It was a fun little surprise when she told me how to staple this extra sheet of construction paper to the side to make a "snack holder". Hilarious. Then, she got all serious and said it had to have a flap so the snacks could fall out into her hand like George did. I got real "ihavenoideawhatiamdoingandwanttorunandhide" with her as she asked me to figure it out and thankfully daddy walked in and created this special feature.

Tell me this isn't the cutest hat (and girl for that matter) that you've ever seen. Ha!




She filled that thing with cranberries and cheerios and ate like she had just invented the coolest hat in the world. I loved it!

Oh, and I just posted a recipe for Chicken Pot Pie over at my recipe blog. You have to try it. I have posted it on here before, but here it is again. You'll be seeing some repeats to get them all over to the new "food" site. :-)

I am wiped. LG had soccer practice tonight and then we cleaned up the disaster that was our lower level of the house. I am ready for some veg out time with my man! Nighty-Night!

1 comment:

The Oswalds said...

AWESOME hat LG! So fun! Goin to check out the newest recipe...