If I were to try and calculate how much money we have spent over these past 10 years, it would be horrifying. Now, to be fair, my typical drink is a regular drip coffee with lots of half and half and 2 splenda. During the Christmas season or if I am just out and alone and want a treat - my other drink of choice is either a peppermint white chocolate mocha or a cinnamon dulce latte. Hellooooooo yumminess!
A couple of years ago, David and I scarily decided to switch to decaf. Yikes. Since I had been diagnosed with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), one of the things i had read to purge from your life was caffeine. The average cup of joe has nothing on Starbucks and I believe the caffeine equivalent triples when you order a cup from the infamous store of coffee. This past year (I believe with the economy), they have started getting really stingy on some of their "staple" things, like..........brewing decaf coffee everyday!!
We have since switched to half-caf to give ourselves a little more pep in the morning, but we don't want to drink it full strength. Seriously though, whenever I go to Starbucks anymore and ask for my routine drink, they act like it's a 4 alarm situation where they have to do this "pour over" method where they boil hot water and pour it over a coffee filter into my individual cup. I literally stand and wait nearly 5 minutes for my drip coffee. Ugh! I'm not a fan right now.
I'm getting my fingers ready to start typing a little note to the powers that be at Starbucks (not that they'll care) to tell them that my experience lately has been less than stellar.
Don't mess with my coffee Starbucks. Seriously!
:-)
I have no great lead-in to my next topic, but to tell you that I have oily eyelids. Yes, Yes, I do. I get them from my mother, so I totally blame her. For as long as I can remember, I have put on my lovely eyeshadow product in the morning and in about 30 minutes, I can start to see my color falling in the creases of my eyelid. By a couple hours later, you can still see color on my lid, but it's more like an oil slick situation and it will slowly start disappearing throughout the rest of the day. I usually like to do up my eyes right before I'm going out at night for this very reason. The "freshness" of my look is like cindarella and the dress and the pumpkin and midnight...............my clock is ticking! :-)
But then my sister introduced me to this:

You can check it out here if you have oily eyelids too!! Don't be afraid to confess it. Own it girl!
I purchased mine at Sephora, and it was the best use of $16 I have spent in a long time. My eyeballs look all purty until I go to bed at night.
Never. Happened. Before.
O.K., so that's my whining about Starbucks and my praise about Bare Minerals' Prime Time. Aren't you glad you stopped by today?
Don't think I am forgetting about my Recipe Blog over at The Recipe Box. I haven't been cooking the last few days and my posts would include pictures of things like boxes of cereal and uncrustables, which I never buy, but got sucked into the super low price, convenience and the yummy bites that my daughter will sometimes give me. :-)
I am working on my GIVEAWAY TOO to post up in the next few days. Become a follower on either blog and your chances to win will double!
Have a great Friday!

1 comment:
I have a Starbucks solution for you. Get a decaf Americano. They can do the espresso shots decaf and then they just add hot water. Takes like a cup of coffee to me. I tell them heavy on the 1/2 and 1/2 and the add my classic syrup. Yummy!
Post a Comment