

We are braving it out in this heat every day and unless I am in water, it's too much. It's just too much.
That's why we have been living at the pool. It's actually been so hot that we've stopped walking the whole block and a half to our neighborhood pool and we are driving. I know. It's ridiculous, but I can't handle all the sweating.
Baby Boy has been getting more and more brave in the water and last week he had a little breakthrough. He has always been carefree about jumping in and "swimming", but always with a floaty vest on. We had David at the pool with us a few times last week and we decided to start working on him actually kicking and blowing bubbles and doing it himself. LG has had previous swim lessons and this year we opted to just work with the kids and see how it goes. (BB had 3 lessons, but he cried the whole time, so we nixed that.) LG has been doing great too and swimming like a champ.
Well, they were both begging to go in the 10' side of the pool and that made me nervous. LG was scared once she got over there, but once BB had jumped in and literally swam to Dave 4 or 5 times, we told her that if her 2 year old brother could do it - So Could She! She summoned up her courage and went for it.
I still can't believe they have been swimming all week in the deep end with NO FLOATIES. Insanity! We still have to be in the water of course, and guide them to the sides, or assist if they need a breather before going to the side, but they are doing great.
Here are some pics of my little fishies!!





I keep trying to upload a video of them swimming, but there is something that is not compatible with my camera and computer in the video department right now. Grrrrr... I'll keep trying, but I think I need my husband on this one.
Have a great week!
By the way - I am compiling different blog subjects for when I get back to posting on a regular daily basis. I have some fun recipes, a few kid crafts, decorating ideas and lots of other stuff that I hope you will enjoy! Don't leave me. I'll be back!! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment