A Lab is still in the running.
But, catch this story. Baby Boy has been asking us for a "Blue" Dog for forever. We keep informing him that there is no such thing. This boy is obsessed with the color blue and screams loudly every day that "BLUE'S MY FAVORITE COLOR!!!". We know buddy. We know.
So, we continually laugh about his frequent "blue dog" requests.
David grew up with several dogs in his life, but one of his favorites was the Weimaraner. I have not had much experience with this breed except the couple of years that Dave and I were first together, Dave's parents still had this dog. She was old and overweight at this point, so she pretty much just laid around, which is NOT my new understanding of a Weimer. Ha!
We have been talking at length about our lifestyle, what we want for the kids, protection, active-ness, attention, money, size, personality of dog, blah, blah, blah. We are going to do this dog thing right this time and we don't want to jump into it foolishly or blindly.
We haven't made any ultimate decisions still, but I have to tell you that we got just a little giddy and possibly winked at each other when we found out about this type of dog called
the Blue Weimaraner.
What?
We started laughing our heads off because like we said - the boy is relentless about having a BLUE dog.
They aren't the typical "silver ghost" color of a weimer, but rather they can be charcoal-y and dark with a haze of blue (not weird like you might assume).
Check out the cuteness.
This one is really "blue".

Sigh..................
Pray for me. When we do end up getting a dog. It will be like having a 3rd child. I feel tried already. :-)
Anybody have experience with these dogs? I know. I know. It's question and answer week around here. Indulge me. It's summer time.
Oh. And to make you happy, I am posting a home-made "granola bites" recipe tomorrow that you can make to throw in your kids lunches. I just popped mine in the oven, so I will wait to post after we give them a sample.
Have a great Wednesday!!

1 comment:
My nephews had a Weimer her name was Nellie Sunshine. She seemed like a good dog. Personally, I think you should go with a miniature poodle!!! Easy, super smart, fun, small, no shedding, loyal and flexible in all situations and so loving :-)
Post a Comment