It's 3:00 o'clock in the afternoon on an absolutely gaw-geous Sunday during nap time! Woo Hoo!
We went to church this morning, hung out with friends and ate at the good ol' Fuddruckers in town to enjoy some of our "lasts" here in our town we only call "home" for a couple more weeks. Sigh.
I put Little Girl down for a nap and decided to enjoy the weather a little bit, so I brewed some Jasmine Green Tea and poured it over ice in a great big ice-tea kind-of glass, slapped on a tank-top, grabbed my computer, my cell phone, my date book and my "Adoptive Familiies" magazine and headed for the deck to enjoy some sunshine! It is amazing outside today and on day's like this, I find there is no reason to be sitting indoors. Period.
Hubby left last Thursday to start his job in Indy and we are missing him already. Thankfully he comes home for a couple days this week to see us, to break up these next few weeks that we will be apart.
Little Girl hasn't said a whole lot about Daddy being gone - verbally anyway, but she has definitely shown some signs of not being at a total comfort level with all this grown-up transition going on. First of all, Daddy took only the things that were essentials and that could fit in his little Toyota Echo for his trip to Indy. One of those items was the small t.v. from our bedroom that Little Girl usually watches in the morning while mommy takes her time waking up - ya know - at least until the Sun is shining kind of thing. Well, she bops in the first morning after daddy had left and burst into tears when she arrived in our room.
"Where my t.v. go?" she cried.
Daddy took it to Indy so he would have something to watch.
Why?
Don't you think it is nice to share with Daddy?
No. Tell him to bring it back!
Since that day, the first thing she says to him on the phone is, "why did you take my t.v. away? When are you bringing it back?"
Poor girl. We have had so much transition and so many things going on in our lives that I think at this point, she is noticing every little thing that is missing or "awry" in her world. She has also started digressing in the potty training department. I think I can count 10 accidents in the last 2 days. The girl has been going in the toilet like a pro since last September, but lately she has had more set-backs than I would like to count. I literally got one mess cleaned up yesterday, only to bathe her, dress her and turn around to find that she did it again.
Poo-ey!
At one point last night, at 2:45 a.m., I heard her crying across the house. I ran in to see what was wrong and she said her "poopy hurt". She has in fact "done the deed" in her pull-up and I went to change her. Get ready for some TMI - I start looking at it and using the pull-up to see how hard this lump of coal is in her drawers, and she -through heavy tears - says, "I think i have dye-a-meena mommy!" I actually started laughing because that was so stinkin' cute. Even for this non-morning/middle of the night mommy who usually can't focus on "cute" at that time of the day. I think Little Girl thought that if it was in fact "diarreah", that mommy would say "Oh. Ok. I get it. It's just diarreah. I don't need to keep examining here."
She wanted to come to bed with Mommy of course, and I agreed. She fell asleep rather quickly to my delight, however I awoke to "I want a drink" around 5:45.
I quickly got the drink with minimal chatting and told her to go back to sleep. She asked for breakfast at 6:15, but instead I gave her 2 "Boz the Green Bear" books and told her mommy was still sleeping. Somehow she complied and actually slept with me in my bed until 8:30 this morning!
Cue the music at church "Here. Comes. A. Miracle!"
It was blissful. It was needed.
Now, my little girl just needs the reassurance that daddy is coming home soon, our house in Indy will be awesome, She will make new friends, and our church family will love her as much as we do! Thanks Lord. This is all we're askin' today.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Speaking of potty training - funny story. We are potty training Danica (any helpful hints will be greatly appreciated). She's got the #1 down pretty well as long as I sit her down every half hour or so. She doesn't tell us yet that she needs to go. But she doesn't want to do #2 in the potty. Anytime we see that she is in the process we run to get her on the potty only to be too late. Well, today Kevin is upstairs playing w/ her in her room when I hear - "Kristal we need you up here." Of course that means something is wrong. So I run upstairs to see what is the matter to find Danica sitting on the potty and Kevin pulling her pull-up off then suddenly a log of refuse plops on the floor. Danica is crying "poo-poo, poo-poo" holding her feet up because some has gotten on her from Kevin pulling the pull-up off. And all I can do is laugh! Motherhood is great!
I wanna come join you on your deck...that sounds niiiice! I won't miss diapers, but I can't say I am looking forward to the potty training phase. poo-ey was a perfect word choice. :o)
We had a regression awhile back in the potty training as well. Still not sure what it was about, but it went away! Good news for ya! Unfortunately I was unable to enjoy the weather today, I've been an indoors sicky. Yuck.
Ahhhh, the old poo-poo plop on the floor - bumped your leg a little bit - story. Classic! Ha! Ha! I can probably offer you better potty training advice Kristal once I figure my own child out. They are their own animals in this department I think! :-)
I was reading that last paragraph and thinking more of you than sweet Little Girl...
...Perhaps a little reassurance is in order that hubby is coming home soon, your house in Indy will be awesome, you will make new friends, and your church family will love you as much as we do!
...It's gonna be great, Kara!
Christie - It's official. You win the encourager of the year award! Thanks for giving ME some reassurance too! I appreciate your friendship!
Hey its Julie's sister I just wanted to let you know that I have started a blog since I am starting to get settled in Germany. I thought it would be fun.
http://mommymac1.blogspot.com
Amanda
Post a Comment