Friday, June 6, 2008

A day in Indy

Haven't been up on my blog in a couple of days due to lack of energy, lack of creativity and short naps on the part of my precious toddler.

I am getting settled in here in my new town (and I use the term "settled" very loosely as I step over boxes I care not to unpack here in our temporary apartment) and it is always interesting to sit back and watch your life start to unfold before you. I can't say I am having a very easy time adjusting to this new life, but I will say that the following things are very true for me right now:

I know the Lord called us to Indy.

I ALWAYS struggle in a new town until my friendships begin and things just start to feel like "home'.

I have some of the best friends in the universe that surround me when I go through a struggle.

Some of you read my blog I put out to the universe for about 5 hours and then I pulled it back off due to lack of my husband's desire and my awakening to sensibilities that maybe we shouldn't share absolutely all of our news to the world until we are both ready. Well, I know I emailed most of you and informed you that this news is no more and the possibility of this opportunity has come to a halt. I wanted you all to know that I am o.k. and that your support for me during this time has been life-saving. I got a lot of emails from my friends and family and a lot of phone calls from you too. Thanks for the encouragement and thanks for showing me once again what it means to be a friend. I got 2 emails from certain gals named Christie and Amie that blessed me immensely and I am publicly saying to the world that "you rock" and the Lord used you to say just the right things at just the right times to me. A little phone call I got from Missouri today to remind me of home was also just what the dr. ordered.

Little girl and I hit the pool this week with some friends one day and my spf 75 apparently wasn't as great as I thought because Little Girl got a sunburn. Yikes!

I tried out two new local pizza places this week - the one we went to tonight won hands down. Yummy calzone. Yummy salad.

I found a gymnastics studio tonight while driving down the road. The place looked like "The Little Gym" inside and was only $100 for 8 sessions. BONUS!!! I think we will sign Little Girl up right away!

Oh. Here's a good one. I was driving in our new subdivision - where we are building our house - and got distracted looking at a house while I was trying to back out and turn around. BAM! CRASH! Cracking glass was heard. I backed into my soon-to-be next door neighbor's mailbox and shattered my back window on our van.

I didn't cry, but somebody looking at me wrong might have sent me over the edge.

We will get our van back tomorrow. My husband was gracious. I am now scared to back out of parking lots.

Next adventure I experienced this week was -

a local farmer's market down the street. Sorry my dear market, but this one was one of the lamest ones I have ever seen. Out of all the farmer's markets I have ever been to, this one had like 3 vegetable stands and the rest was kind of hodge-podge.
O. K.

Anyway - There are about a hundred more to choose from, so I will venture out to those in the next few Saturdays.

Oh yes - all other women who have moved will know what a treasure this is......I ran into this gal at Ann Taylor one night who had some adorable locks on her, and I asked her where she got her haircut. She gave me her girl's card. It's not too far from my house. It's not too expensive. The girl raved about this stylist like crazy. I have an appointment in 2 weeks. Woo Hoo!

And Now,

Tomorrow I shall end my week with something that can only soothe a woman needing alone time from her toddler and a challenge......

I passed some huge signs not too far from me near a subdivision that read "NEIGHBORHOOD GARAGE SALE. SATURDAY 8-3"

David has been informed that I will be home later in the morning.

Goodnight girls.

5 comments:

Christie's Corner said...

You backed into a mailbox??? That is hilarious! Great way to meet the neighbors. "Hey folks...don't mind me. I'm just here to take out your mailbox...oh yeah, and MOVE IN next door!" Hee hee.

Lynn said...

So sorry to hear the news you shared isn't going to happen....THIS time. I know God has another plan for you.

I can totally relate to the joys (finding a great hairdresser) and struggles of moving. I hope you grow to LOVE your new home.

Julie said...

I love this blog. I needed an Indy update. How funny about the mailbox! I backed into a Dead End sign yesterday going to a garage sale! Bent the sign, but I still have my backglass. And..as long as Greyson keeps quiet, Josh will never know. ha! He keeps saying "mommy crashed into a sign! Crunch!" Shhhh....

Alana said...

I love a good garage sale. We hit some today! Glad you are settling in!

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

So crazy that I found your blog. I am from Indy and my husband is from the Ozarks (Missouri) so I have lived both places and we may be moving back to the Ozarks. But, in the meantime, if you need any directions or places to go in Indy, let me know!