Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dear Lord...

WARNING - Serious Post Approaching. Funnier ones to appear on my following entry. Promise. Promise.

Dear Lord,

I need you today. Forgive me that my life has been so busy, that at times, it causes me to distance myself from the true relationship I have and that I want with you.

As a mommy, I know my patience with Little Girl has been more short fused lately. Sorry about that. The stress of a big move is gettin' to me. I have been entrusted with this gift - this child, and I want to love her in the perfect way that she needs to be loved. I want to discipline her in a way that will truly teach her and in a way that she understands. You know her so much better than me Lord - because you created my baby girl. Teach me patience in this life when it comes to friends, my purpose, my dreams and my mission, as I teach her patience in sharing with her friends, waiting to play with that toy that one little girl is playing with and in waiting for her baby brother or sister to come into her world. You are our heavenly father and you want better things for us than we even want for ourselves.

Draw me into your presence right now as I waste away stretch myself during this season of living in a tiny apartment and feeling unsettled. Change my heart and change my thought process into one that starts with YOUR plan for me and works it's way out from there.

Prepare the path for my next little one to come into my life. Some days I feel like the girl who is waiting for that "Mr. Right" to come along and sweep her off her feet. It's all this girl can think about and she feels like she is holding her breath until the day she finds that guy and her life can finally move on. I want to lean on you. I want to wait in expectation for my children to come to me - not in desperation. Help me to cherish my wonderful life as a mommy to one (an amazing ONE at that) for now and know that I will be a mommy-to-more in your perfect timing.

Lastly tonight - Use my gifts. I want to be used by you. Not for selfish purposes, but for godly ones. You know the gifts I have been entrusted with - help me to find ways to use them.

Oh, And,

Thank you for my amazing friends (both real-life and bloggies).

They are real keepers.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Kara~ I think it is wonderful that you share this part of yourself with us also. Beautiful prayer.

Natalie K said...

I think I have said a very similar prayer for patience, pathway and wanting to be held and comforted by our heavenly daddy a hundred times. I pray that you are reminded that you are the Kings Girl and he wants the very best for you! He cherishes you! He would change nothing about the way he created you! Being the busy ladies that we are being still is rough but sometimes peace comes in the quiet! I am praying for you sister!

Lynn said...

I'm praying this prayer with you...yes, the SAME prayer. God's timing is perfect...I know that. Thanks for sharing this piece of your heart.

The Oswalds said...

Is it alright if we borrow this prayer :o)
Thanks for being so transparent.

Kara said...

Thanks girls for all the encouragement. It was nice seeing your comments this morning because sometimes after you post something personal you question hitting the delete button and forgetting the whole thing. Thanks for letting me share and for sharing back!

Julie said...

What a beautiful blog. You hit the nail on the head when you said that God has entrusted us with these beautiful children. I think at times (tantrums, fighting, etc) that I forget that. I'm praying for patience also. This is a rough season for all of us with toddlers. God will help us. You are a great friend and I too thank God for you.