Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Happy Day of Fathers!






It's Father's Day. Our family sat together in church which was nice (usually daddy is off running around since he is now a Pastor again on staff at a church).

Little Girl didn't scream quite as much today when we dropped her off in her class at Sunday School and they have even agreed to let her go on in to the Preschool class since her birthday is in a month and a half. The class is more structured and she knows one of the other little girl's in there.

I hope things will be better for her now. Adjustments like MOVING for a nearly 3 year old is tricky. God is helping us today. I can feel it.

Little Girl and I went to Target at about 9:00 on Friday night and bought daddy his Father's Day present. She picked out his new fancy swim trunks and also some Cliff bars that he loves and well, I am embarrassed to say this, but we got him the face wash he likes (from Little Girl of course). We give practical gifts in this house of ours and we know daddy will love it.

Little Girl also made him a home-made card yesterday complete with construction paper, 3D puffy foam stickers and some new markers that are shaped like animals and when you pop the lids on, they make the appropriate animal sounds. (I guess this is supposed to encourage the kiddos to get those caps put back on). She loved it!!! I am not a crafty person, but watching her decorate this card with such passion and precision made me realize I need to do more stuff like this with her. She gave each of the stickers a fresh dusting of "polka-dots" because she said, "daddy loves polka-dots!" :-) Smile.

We are off to a waterpark with some new friends this afternoon after nap time and are looking forward to a day in the sun.

Little Girl and daddy are quite close and the bond that they share is literally heart-warming to the core. Pastor was speaking this morning on raising up your children and discipline, yadda-yadda-yadda, and then when I had to take Little Girl from her daddy's arms to leave for a moment, she started yelling "Don't take me outta here! I want my daddy!" Charming.

Yep. They are close. She would love to be attached to daddy's hip 24/7 I think, but I really don't mind (too much). I know that one day she will look for a man to marry that is like her daddy, and ladies, she will be doing a-ok if she follows him as her measuring stick. She really does have the best daddy ever!

Happy Father's Day babe!

2 comments:

Julie said...

What cute pics! I'm serious when I say this, but Makenna looks a year older than the last time I saw her. So sad. I miss that little blonde sweetheart!

Genny said...

Loved the picture with your daughter and the shoes. And I know what you mean about moving... we moved when my daughter was 4 and it was really hard on her. Great Father's Day post!