Today we finally got to hit this local trail we love here in Indy and we literally walked over 7 miles today with the kids. They were stroller bound and hiker-backpack-ed in, but they seemed to have a great time. There's this really fun mexican restaurant we like to hit off the trail as well that you can eat outside in the open air and people-watch everybody trailing by. Really fun. Food is amazing too.
We were sufficiently tired after all that walking and David and I were so drowzy and lethargic on the way home, that we simply HAD to stop at Starbucks and get something to wake us up. After sipping the nectar of the gods, we started becoming more alert and we drove through some of the awesome neighborhoods with old houses downtown which we always enjoy. We then passed this insane playground area that was all done out of wood and was completely fenced in. Me and the hubs were having good conversation and the kids were nice and mellow and we decided to let Little Girl run around and play for a bit longer. It was a fun little stop off and then we headed home for baths and bedtime.
I am now having my nightly relaxation time. I am watching a movie and Dave is watching some "how-to" tutorials on his computer. Crazy boy. We are officially old people.
However you may think I am a little more youthful when you hear the movie I am watching.
I am shamefully watching High School Musical. With no children present. Yeah - I'm a dork.
Well, aside from my movie choices for the night - I wanted to share a yummy recipe with you all. My great friend Julie just had a birthday and along with her gift - I planned on including this yummy recipe that she had requested. Here it is girl - for you and for my blogging friends.
But you all must know that these yummy cookies taste even better if you use one of these to scoop them out onto your cookie sheet. They make your cookies into fluffy, pillowy tastes of heaven. Maybe if you try this recip you should run out and get yourself one.
Irresistable Peanut Butter Cookies
3/4 C Peanut Butter
1/2 C Crisco
1 1/4 C firmly packed brown sugar
3 Tbsp. Milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 C all purpose flour
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Combine P-butter, crisco, lt. brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well-blended. Add egg. Beat just until blended. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture at low speed until blended. Then, if you want, add 1 Cup of Chocolate chips and stir in. Spoon (or scoop) onto cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
Happy eating!!

3 comments:
OOooh! Are these the same cookies you made for me? They were delicious!!!
Yes Kelley. These are the ones I made for you. They really are the best. My family requests them constantly. :-)
Yah! My internet is finally working again. I've been without it all weekend and have been dying for this recipe. These are the best cookies EVER! Thank you so much for the scoop! I can't wait to use it! Running to store now to buy ingredients! Woo Hoo!
Post a Comment