We had a great morning at church today and then met up with some friends for lunch at a yummy mexican restaurant where they have this huge back room where no one ever sits. We are able to let our rambunctious kids run wild while we eat in utter peace knowing that they aren't disturbing anyone. Loverly. My enjoyment was disturbed however when I changed an emergency poopy diaper of Baby Boy's on a booth seat since they have no changing tables in the restrooms and it was totally freezing outside - and a waitress walks right by me seating another couple right as I was finishing up the deed on my son's hiney.
Oh no!!! I was mortified to say the least. They NEVER seat anyone back there and it was empty the whole time we were eating and this was at the end. I felt so bad and I thought this nice young couple (with no children in their group) were probably thinking I was quite classy.
Anyhoo.
We came home and put the kids down for a nap and they decided to revolt. Little Girl never went to sleep and kept coming to her door to peek out and Baby Boy started crying and then moved onto screaming after being down for only an hour. Not good.
Thankfully our babysitter arrived just in the nick of time at 5:00 to give me and the hubby a much needed date night. The in-laws are out of town, so we had to call in the reinforcements - dear Jade - who loves on our kids whenever we need, for a fee of course. :-)
We headed out for some pizza and were all revved up to eat some Chicago-style deep dish when we saw it arrive and realized that there was SO little cheese on it that it was practically see-through. It didn't taste great either. It was all bread and no-anything-else. We asked for a new one. Maanager brought it. They added 13 lbs. of cheese and way over did it. I was still unsatisfied and grumpy. We didn't tip since they still charged us for the over done pizza that we had to wait 20 more minutes for. We then headed to Barnes&Noble and tried to order a decaf coffee of which they were out of . OUT OF. I ordered a cookie to soothe my pain and it was kind of hard. I like 'em soft. I told David that I was brewing some coffee as soon as I got home and I was annoyed. He laughed and asked if I was going to do it saying bad things in my mind about the rude Barista who didn't have my decaf. "You're such a food snob" said my husband, and I will have to agree. I won't eat food that has a lot of calories if it doesn't taste good, so I will just push it aside and wait until I find something I do like.
Now if I DO like it and it has ALOT of calories, well that's just a whole other story!
My hubby's birthday is this week, so I have to save up my WW points so I can enjoy his birthday dinner he is requesting and not mess up my diet too much. Here's hoping my own food is worth the calories!! I know the cook. Hopefully it will be great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment