I mentioned I was cooking again after wanting to avoid the oven and all things warm for a bit, but I thought I would share a couple of awesome recipes that are making it on the top 5 right now in my kitchen.
Crockpot Parmesan Chicken. It's deee-lish. Have I posted it before? Now I can't even remember and I'm too lazy to go look. :-) You just cook it all day on low and then when it's almost dinner time, you can cook up some type of veggie and boil a package of whole wheat pasta and you are done. It's a winner in our house. I'm making it right now and the smells make me happy.
Another favorite that is both easy and very healthy and I CRAVE it because it tastes so good is Chicken Vegetable Stir fry. I change up the veggies all the time on this one too. Last night I did cauliflower, red onion (because I was out of the green onions), red bell pepper, carrots and yellow and green zuchini. And you MUST have Sesame Oil for this. It gives it all the flavor, so don't substitute. Make the investment and go buy it and you will use it forever. It's pricey, but I have had mine for 7 years and have only gone through half the bottle. Ewwww. Does oil go bad?? It still tastes great, so let's just go with NO on this one. :-)
This recipe is great served over brown rice and we load it with tons of low sodium soy sauce. Yummy! Yummy! Seriously - I could eat 2 pans of it all by myself.
Well, in other news, my husband said he felt like he had a fever all through the night last night and was chilled and dragging all sorts of crazy blankets into our bed and suffocating me to death, and sure enough he headed to urgent care this morning because he kept feeling worse and worse and the poor man has strep throat. I feel bad for him. He is laying down now watching a documentary. The good thing is he should be better quickly with his drugs and maybe we can still work on Little Girl's room. :-) And - hopefully he'll feel better soon.....of course.
So, hopefully our holiday weekend plans will all be in tact, even with the hubby under the weather today.
We had a fun time at the pool with some friends this morning and both kids seemed wiped afterwards, which is just the way I like 'em.
Have a great day friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Use the seseme oil to make some yummy Korean recipes.
These sound delish. I will have to try them soon!
Post a Comment