Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It's HOT!!

It feels like 3 million degrees outside. It might only be in the hight 80's, but it feels much worse.

My hair can attest to the humidity - trust me.

I had to laugh this morning because usually when I go to the gym I look all "I just got out of bed and rolled in here" kind of thing going on, but this morning I took Little Girl to the free movie Wednesday thing at our local theater and so I had to get up and get showered and ready for that. It's also my workout day though, so I had to change and head to the gym right after. One of the trainers there acted like I have never looked more ravishing when I passed by his desk.

Well then.

My friend Julie totally outed me too because he and another trainer (ours) were asking Julie what I did different to my hair and blah, blah, blah, and my friend dutifully replied 'She just "did it" today - that's all".

Nice. Ha!

I didn't realize how frightening I usually look, but I've made a mental note to at least try looking good once a month there so they know I have standards. :-)

Because of this insane heat - I drove through the Sonic drive through to use one of my 10 coupons I got the other night at the Cardinals ball game for a free Medium Cherry Limeade. I don't usually drink these, but the thought of something cold going down my throat besides sweat - sounded appealing.

Little Girl and Baby Boy drank half of it, so the calories went down significantly, plus I made it a "diet".

I am so excited about tomorrow because I asked if my mother-in-law would mind keeping both the kids for the whole day (she doesn't usually keep them both unless it's for date night) and I am going to do a bunch of errands, including but not limited to, picking out some fabric for LG"s new room makeover, looking for something with a "ballet" flare because she declared to me this week that "she just loves dance. It's her very favorite thing", and I am also going to scour a few flea markets for some unusual and unique pieces to throw into the mix. I was super excited to find a cute rug at Target last week that was big and soft and cushy on the feet and had all of her room colors in it. I snatched it up for $48, thankyouverymuch and was on my way. Love it!

This coming weekend is "trim" weekend and I am anxious to see the progress of the room with this new addition. I will be sure to post pics once this next phase is done.

Looking forward to my angel being back in her OWN room soon. Hopefully this weekend kinda soon. We shall see.

I am not getting to the pool nearly as much as I would like to, but I know it's because BB is at a bit of a tricky stage for relaxing pool fun, but we limp along and try to go whenever we have friends going too for a little moral support. He refuses to play in the baby pool and insists that the only "WATER! WATER! WATER!" he sees is over in the 3 ft. deep section.

I'm off to try to tackle more laundry and putting away of clothes during the kids naps and rest times. Anything air-conditioned sounds just lovely.

Hmmmmmm...... Or, maybe I'll go read my book instead. :-)

Just for fun, here are some pics of me, Dave and LG at her first baseball game the other night.




Here's a cute one of BB's awesome bed head. Gotta love it!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I was at Hobby Lobby today and they have lots of girly decor items 50% off.

Lynn said...

Can't wait to see "after pix" when LG's room is done! Have a great shopping day!

Julie said...

Sorry about "outing" you but I was jealous b/c of course, I always look like I just rolled out of bed to go to the gym :) Ha!!!

Carli said...

can't wait to see the pics of the new room!!!