Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Girls' Morning

On Saturday before we left for vacation, I had promised Little Girl a Girls' morning out. Our plan was to go grab breakfast together, get a manicure and pedicure (her 1st one) and do a little swimsuit shopping.

We stopped off first at Panera where LG got a chocolate croissant (what else) and her little organic milk drink that she likes. I got one of those ham and swiss cheese souffle things that was killer and we also split a yogurt.



Then we walked down the strip mall a little and went to this cute little salon that had a special chair for LG (including a little DVD player).





After we got beautiful and all pampered, we headed to the mall for some serious swimsuit shopping. LG needed some new ones this year and we were looking for modest 2 piece that is appropriate for a 4 year old.

Hard. To. Find. Let me tell you.

We landed on a couple of cute ones at Old Navy and snatched them up. One was the little surfer shirt and bottoms - which I love and the other was a little halter tankini. LG has also discovered a new love for all things Hello Kitty, and therefore, I found this one online last night that I am ordering for her too.

After we conquered the suit, we proceeded to buy Baby Boy a little something and we found a sweet little Curious George riding in a wooden car. HE loves that little monkey and we have a hard time finding stuff, so we were excited. LG also got to pick out a couple of things at Claire's, so we landed on a sweet little Hello Kitty purse on clearance and some new lipgloss. Score.

We polished the morning (now afternoon) off with a smoothie and then headed home to show daddy and BB all our loot.





The best part of the day was walking around and holding hands with my girl and sharing conversation and giggles. I still remember meeting this little ball of sunshine nearly 5 years ago and she still steals my heart every day. Love having a daughter!

6 comments:

Lynn said...

I LOVE girly stuff like that!!! Sounds like a wonderful girl's day out.

Jamie said...

I would love to know where the nail salon is, my girls would LOVE it! If you wouldn't mind letting me know that would be great. By the way, your girl is growing up and she's as cute as ever!

Kara said...

Jamie - It was Jessica's Nails down on Campbell and Primrose by the Panera. Only $15 for both mani and pedi and the 4 flowers she got too. Awesome deal.

The Oswalds said...

Precious! What a perfect day!

Carli said...

sounds fun! Did you happen to find that George at Toys r us? hmm? :)

Jamie said...

Thanks Kara. I'm planning a ninth bday party and that just might be the place.