Little Girl had a playdate last week and it was precious. The girls, of course, went straight to find dress-up clothes and wanted to accessorize as quickly as possible. They were both set on particular necklaces, hats, wands or shoes that they felt were necessary to complete their "look". It was cute.
The weather wasn't quite near Hades, so they played out back for a little while and brought their tea party with them.

One of the funniest things that I heard after the fact from this little friend's grandma was that she told them that I let them play outside ALL BY THEMSELVES. She seemed concerned by it and told them all about this adventure. I was assuring G-ma and Mom that it is fenced in and that the backyard being completely eye-level is in my FULL view while I work in the kitchen and I could see every move the 2 princesses made. I know this little friend's yard which is not fenced in - plus they have a basement, so they don't go outside and run around alone at her place. Ha!
Next, I made up a batch of some of my famous and fabulous peanut butter chocolate chip cookies that I let the girls help me make.
I set all the ingredients out so they could pour and stir and all that good stuff.
.And here is the end result of all that hard work.

The girls made Fruit Faces out of their snack while they waited for their sugary snack coming out of the oven. Aren't they funny.
.And Baby Boy didn't mind helping himself to these bad boys fresh out of the oven either. He pretty much devoured it in 2.2 seconds.



I, on the other hand, having lost 6 lbs (again) on Weight Watchers was only tempted to take a couple of nibbles from the batter and then give the actual cookies away once they were baked.
Yes, I know, I showed great restraint here.
These cookies are 100% yummy every time. I am thinking that my family, my friends and all my neighbors can attest to their goodness.
Here's the recipe if you want to give them a try. I've been making them since I lived at home. Oh - and the reason they look like little ice cream scoops is because I use a little cookie scooper and leave them in that shape when I bake them. I don't smash mine down and I actually don't quite cook mine all the way so that they stay soft and yummy.
Go forth and bake and don't forget to wear your tiara and princess dress!

6 comments:
Hey Kara! I came over to read your full dress up (adorable) cookies (yum!) post, and I noticed that you put me on your favorite blogs roll. Thank you! I am so honored!
I'm going to try those. If I am together, that is the way I like to cook with my girls. Ingredients lined up all measured out. It makes it so much easier.
If you don't mind heading over to my blog sometime, I'd love to have your opinion on my last post (as another AP)
You're such a good Mom!
I, for one, can attest to how dee-stinking-licious these cookies are. I have actually had to hide the recipe from myself so I don't make them and eat all of them.
Well I may not make it to your favorites on your blog roll, but thank God I was lucky enough to get a few of those super yummy cookies dropped off at my house!!! Your a great mom & friend. Thank you!!
Post a Comment