Here are some before and after shots to help you see the changes.
Before of where her old bed was and brown, boring walls (says Little Girl)

AFTER with a tape outline of what her playhouse loft bed will look like.

POPCORN Ceiling.

New Textured Ceiling

Before of the Closet (This is Baby Boy's closet with his and LG's clothes in it, but it shows you the dark wood)

AFTER:

And, lastly, here are a couple other random shots of her new digs. The decorating and building of her new bed begins right away. It's hard to imagine alllllll the work that had to go into changing out all the dark trim to white, painting doors, redoing the ceiling, painting the built-ins in the closet, attaching trim, sealing trim and on and on. Wow. So much work and I know maybe to those of you looking, it may not look like we did a lot.
But, trust me, we did! I have the cramping arms to prove it!


I am still in a quandry about what type of storage to use underneath her dress-up area. We were going to refurbish an old trunk we had, but the more we think about it, the dimensions will overwhelm the room with all her big furniture and the larger bed we have going in there. We need something to house her shoes, jewelry, hats and accessories that will go with the dress-up clothes we will hang on that coat rack thing I showed you last week. Something low profile, with compartments and cute are the things I need, so I will have to keep searching. Any advice out there? Throw it my way! Throw it my way!
Grandma is supposed to start on her new curtains soon, so we are super excited about that addition to the room as well!
So there you have it friends. Our labor of love is getting closer to completion. Hope you like it as much as we do!
Have a great Friday!

3 comments:
Kara,
it looks great! i can't wait to see the finished-finished product. as far as storage, what about one of those storage benches with the compartments below for baskets or crates...ie. http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=91&f=930 or http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=2875&f=282
Rheagan gave Kylee two fabric covered boxes that we have stacked with her dress up stuff inside. We need to get a third. But they work well and are cute...pink w/polkadots.
Love what you've done so far! I've been debating hanging a chandelier in Adeline's room. So girly and sweet!
Post a Comment