Friday, July 23, 2010

Stages

Due to the fact that we are re-doing both of our kids rooms, I am in a total clean-it-out-right-now kind of mode. I have been pulling down Little Girl's clothes from the attic and I am going to be giving some away to a friend's sister and then some may find their way to Children's Orchard.

Weird.

I feel blessed with my family. Depending on the day of the week, you can ask me if I feel "done" having babies and I will usually say Yes, but then there are other days........

But I have come to believe that having clothes sit in storage for 6, 7, 8 years is doing no one any good, and if another baby girl did ever come along, she is getting all new duds anyway because I am sure the skinny jeans that LG wore will be so "OUT" by then. :-)

I have been slowly pulling down totes and you know how that goes. Me-mo-ry Lane city. Wow. It's exciting to go through Baby Boy's stuff, because it is all going to my nephew-to-be Cooper when he is born. Thankfully my sister is due only a few weeks after BB was born and so all the clothes and seasons should work. Yay!

I moved furniture around in Baby Boy's room today to get a feel for what I want to do whenever we start on his room (this may not even be until the first of the year because LG still needs her bed built and we only have enough energy). The kids are upstairs now checking out the new layout and running around and.....I believe I hear loud thuds of children jumping off of things. Nice.

I pulled out the laugh and learn house, the learning chair and the zebra sit and spin. My little man is getting to big for them and with his birthday coming up, I am sure to find all sorts of new things for him to enjoy and play with.

I even took out the rocking chair.

Sniff. Sniff.

I am probably going to just move it downstairs to the playroom so that when the Grandmas come to visit, they have somewhere to sit. Plus, it gives them an excuse not to have to sit indian style in a tent with LG when she begs them to do so! :-)

Thankfully, I am only partly sad of this new stage, but also really excited.

Plus, 2 is just around the corner and that old fable about the terrible two's is SO over-rated. Right? Right?

Right.

Have a great Friday night girls (and guy if there is one lonely reader out there!)

No comments: