Today was no different and I have been wanting to try this recipe for Flatbread Salad Pizza that I saw in my Good Housekeeping Light and Healthy cookbook.
What my tastebuds wanted was my favorite salad pizza ever on this planet from The California Pizza Kitchen - and it's called
"Tricolore Salad Pizza". I used to eat it ALOT when we lived in Cali back in the day and it was amazing. The only link I could find when I typed in this pizza was this one, which kind of gives you a half-hearted round-about recipe for what they serve - sorta. :-)
Well, my pizza dough was quite yummy and I loved the home-made taste and softness and the flavor of the grill (plus I switched it up to 1/2 whole wheat flour which I loved) and all that good stuff, but it lacked a little something in the flavor department. The dressing was good, but it didn't have quite the punch I thought it needed. And, the dough was great, but Dave and I thought it needed more flavor too, like maybe more salt or even some butter, but then I guess they wouldn't have slapped it into the cooking light book then, huh? :-)
Well, we are not giving up on this recipe, and fully intend to make it again and perfect this fun little food adventure. We also threw some organic chicken breasts on the grill that had been marinating in italian dressing all day. It was quite the yummy dish (minus the salt and butter issues) and Baby Boy even dipped his grilled flatbread into some hummus. Well then.
Little Girl is off at Grandma's tonight having a girl's night out. Papa and Grandma actually came around 4:30 and took her out to Red Robin before her night began, so you know she just hated that. ;-) We kept Baby Boy with us and jumped on the new trampoline and ate our dinner and then daddy took him out for a run in the jogging stroller while I stayed home and stared out into cyberspace........happily.
Here's a few pics from our meal.





Doesn't the boy look scrumptious too? I can't believe he's turning 2 in a couple of weeks!!
Little Girl is SO ready for preschool to start up soon. She has been B-O-R-E-D with most of the days lately unless I let her do stuff like this, which her nice mommy let her enjoy for most of the afternoon today.



The girl is actually a pretty stinkin' great artist. David and I have actually talked about putting her into some art classes for fun, just to see how she does with them. She is very imaginative and creative like her daddy and we are wanting to encourage her in everything that she finds of interest and then hone in on the ones that she loves the mostest.
Right now our little cutie will be starting soccer in the fall and we are picking one other thing on top of that. We have narrowed it down to dance of some sort, but haven't landed on what type. She talks about ballet a lot, but that seems so structured and NOT Little Girl, but maybe it would add a little grace to our adorably clumsy 5 year old.
I'll keep you posted.
I haven't forgotten about your sneak peek pics of LG's room. They are coming. In other news - the hubs told me he is taking off next week to work around here. We are going to do things like clean out the garage, organize the attic spaces and build LG's bed.
I may have fallen in love with him all over again. An organized girl is a happy girl.
Have a great evening!

1 comment:
The pizza looks delicious! I'm gonna try it with your added suggestions. You are a good mommy. The painting is adorable. I'm ready for preschool to start too. Both boys are getting bored and tired of our usual fun summer things.
Also, can't believe baby boy is turning 2. My cute little taco :)
Post a Comment