Friday, August 13, 2010

Little Girl Turned 5 and other news

This last week has been busy to say the least and the main reason is because my sweet little girl child that lives under my roof TURNED 5!!

Saying it out loud still is painful.

She even looks way older and I'm just sure she has shot up in height AGAIN! This little thing is tall - and I love every square inch of her.

If you can believe that this was our life nearly 5 years ago, just a few weeks after we brought her home.

And then there is this sweet one.

AAAAAAND, here she is now.

I'm getting ready to write her birthday letter this year, like I do every year. I love doing this, telling her all that she meant to us this past year, the new things she has accomplished and how her awesome personality keeps developing. I hope she treasures these written words when she is older, just as I have cherished writing them down.

Little Girl is spunky to say the least. She is highly emotional. She LOVES life and considers every person that crosses her path to be a friend. She is a very sweet big sister. She thinks edamame (the soy bean) is a treat. She forgives easily and tells me I am a good mommy. She gives me my favorite "thumbs-up" sign when I ask her to do something and she is trying to show me that she's "all over it" - with a good attitude. :-)

I celebrate LG and all that she has brought to our family. She asks questions here and there about her adoption story and we enjoy sharing bits and pieces along her journey. My life is blessed. After meeting her daddy, LG was one of my first and most tangible blessings of God I have ever experienced.

Baby boy was my next blessing. We will hear more about him in a few weeks because that little man is turning 2!!

Here are some pics from LG's birthday parties. We did a girly party where the girls got to dress-up, have their makeup done, have a dance party and play old school games in the backyard. It was a great time!






Here's the pics from her family party on her actual birthday. If you can believe it - she still has one more party to go in a couple weeks with my family. We have 4 grandkids with August birthdays and they get celebrated all together!






On another note, the new curtains and dress-up wall have been added to Little Girl's room and I plan to post sneak peak pics of that this week. Daddy is going to start on the bed soon. :-)

Happy weekend!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I can't believe she's 5. I remember the "It's a girl" sign in your front yard and wondering if Greyson and her would be friends some day. I remember you and I going to Gymboree when neither of them could even sit up on their own under the big parachute tent. I remember Greyson saying "Makenna moved to Indy, not Ms Cyndi." About the move, I also remember having to take another route to our house b/c I didnt want drive by your house and hear Greyson ask why Makenna moved. It was too sad for both if us :) So many awesome memories. I feel so blessed to know and love this special little girl.

Lynn said...

Did you make the cake? SUCH talent!

Looks like a really fun theme for a 5 yo girl....I'll have to tuck that one in the corner of my brain.

The Oswalds said...

No, I can't believe she is 5! Wow, I remember the amazing journey & excitement at her arrival! What a special gift she is. And I feel so honored to have been allowed to follow said journey.