We went to the downtown area and visited a Clifford museum-thingy and Baby Boy was in HEAVEN. Little Girl like it too, and as you can see - she quite enjoyed being the mail carrier for her time there. BB was obsessed with Clifford's bones and refused to leave this one area the majority of the time. Hee Hee.




We also hit this place for lunch called Big Momma's and after eating there - it all makes sense. Fattening = Delicious. We polished our meal off with home-made cinnamon rolls that would curl your toes. Yum.
Have you ever heard of Kaleidoscope? (No Julie - not that one). It's this awesome place where kids can do all sorts of creative things with their hands. There are a ton of stations with crayons and paint and scissors and projects cut out and ready to start making. There was even a place where they colored a picture and then sent it through this machine that made it into a puzzle. It was such a fun day!





The fountains outside were also a favorite with my kids and also 2 of their older cousins who enjoyed running BB through all the sprays and watching him laugh his little head off. It was plenty hot and this was a perfect end to our day.





We stayed for about 4 days and my sis and I even got a girl's night out where we hit The Cheesecake Factory, Pottery Barn Kids, Gap, Starbucks and then we totally drove to this cool part of town and walked around this awesome gourmet grocery store. Yes. We are wild. We know.
I am going to finish off this post with a new recipe that we tried out last night and absolutely loved. I made the pepporoncini roast for dinner and made sandwiches, then my sis-in-law made some awesome homemade roasted potato wedges and we also had Cauliflower and Broccoli Salad - which was one of the tastiest little veggie dishes I have had in a long time. It kind of gives you the taste of that broccoli salad with peanuts and bacon and vinegar and all that stuff (do you guys know what I am talking about?) and maybe even a little cole-slaw-ish, but very sweet. It was awesome. I made a half batch, but I will be making another batch this week because we loved it so much.
Hope your week is blessed. I actually got up early and did what I have been wanting to do for a long time -
I prayed for my kids.
I covered them in prayer and asked God for direction to lead and guide me on how they need to be disciplined, how they need to be loved and truly feel it, and how I can foster them learning their passion in life. It was awesome. I need to get my booty out of bed and do that every day. They are a treasure!!

2 comments:
What fun places to visit! you'll have to pm me the locations as we go up there all time and Anna would love that. Your kids are darling!
Ok...I should've totally been quiet and let you take your kids to the Kaleidoscope here. There my friend you will not find hands on activities for small children but more like an even worse Spencer store (or so I've heard) :) Printing this recipe out now as you have me salivating at the gym. Also, I've actually enjoyed getting up before the kids these past few weeks. Of course I have to get up at 6 but atleast its a 1/2 for me and God to figure things out.
See you tomorrow my friend!
Post a Comment