Ta-Da!!!!!

Here's the Bed! It took us until 11:00 p.m. last night getting it brought upstairs to her room in pieces and then bolting everything back together and trimming it back out. It was about 3 1/2 hours of re-assembly.
Didn't plan for that.
Little Girl had school the next day and she refused to leave us in her assistant role of "head screw hander-outer", plus we promised her she could sleep it in last night.
She LOVES it!! She was bouncing off the walls waiting for us to get it done. We have a happy little girl on our hands and happy parents too, because we are just plain tired from all that work!
We still have to add a lot more detail to the front, doors on the opening to the playhouse, curtains to the 2 lower windows and shutters to the top one. We have time to get that done in the next few weeks, so we aren't going to rush into it. We just can't believe it's done.
I will do a full new bedroom REDO Tour here very soon so you can see all the things we have done. Stay tuned.
Now, onto my precious Baby Boy! He turned 2 years old today and I couldn't be prouder of the gift God gave me in this tiny little man. I can't believe it was 2 years ago that David, Little Girl and I hopped in the car and practically flew down to Arkansas to go see the sweet face I could only envision in my dreams. What a whirl wind it was - that time in our lives.
Here was our boy back then.

Here he was a year ago.

And, here's the handsome little dude today

We had a fun morning of getting Little Girl ready for Preschool and also celebrating Baby Boy's Special Day. We made a breakfast with smoked turkey sausage, scrambled eggs and my monkey bread recipe I use.

After dropping off Little Girl to her first day, we took a few snapshots outside with daddy.


I took Baby Boy to a few places with me, and one was Mardel's to play with the trains and pick up a couple of things. Then, we went to Target because Mommy wanted to go. I had to hit Sam's after that and I felt like it was only wise to feed the boy since he was super cranky. They told me it would be a 15 minute wait for BB's "dog gog" (hot dog) - seriously - and so we ordered a root beer float to share since it was a mere $1.30.
Does it look like he's sharing?

He got nicer later.

We ended the day with Mexican food with the family and then ice cream and a play place. Both kids were wiped out when the day was done.
Baby Boy is my sweetie. He's my mama's boy I had hoped for. He gives the best "binky kisses" around. I love how he is obsessed with the color blue and wants anything that resembles that color. He still dislikes most bread products and prefers vanilla over chocolate. He has the sweetest little nasal-y voice that we can't get enough of. Our favorite phrase of his right now is "Oh Maaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn". He is usually slow to wake up and needs to be held for awhile when he first arises in the morning. He requires his milk first thing. He is the best sleeper in the world and we often laugh that he requires like 14 hours a day of sleep. God bless him.
You are a gift to us dear Baby Boy. Thank you for being in our lives and being our son. We love you sweet 2 year old!!

5 comments:
Ah...isn't it great the way the Lord has blessed you and Dave with two wonderful children? You girl are truly BLESSED! So happy for you and your family! Just love being able to see them grow through your blog. Thanks for sharing your blessings with us, Laurie H
Yay, for BB turning 2. Love the bed too.
LOVE the bed!!!! Great job Mom & Dad!
I can't believe how grown up LB looks! What a handsome little dude. Happy Happy Birthday Little One! Looks like you had a great day!
Happy Birthday BB (yesterday). I still remember that fun weekend in Arkansas with you guys. Going downtown and then eating Mexican food. And the guys and kids boating in that river behind where we stayed. Wow, 2 years ago. Crazy.
Love LG's new bed. R and R need to come over and play on it soon. :) Is David traveling in the near future?
The bed is amazing! David did an awesome job. Let me know when he is taking orders to build another one. My boys want a castle bed :)
Can't believe its been 2 years since BB entered the world. Just looking over the pics and how much he's changed is incredible. He looks like a little man.
Post a Comment