Monday, February 21, 2011

two posts in two days

Don't fall over because I am back on here again. I finally got back in gear yesterday with my post here.

Both of my kiddos are sick.

Again.

Baby Boy was up to 104.7 again yesterday. Little Girl has been dragging around with a fever for several days now and she just acts more wiped than I've ever seen her. This thing is vicious!

In an effort to free my mind from all the mindless television we've been watching all weekend, I decided to get a jump start on my little man's room makeover that will hopefully be happening this spring. He's too little for a loft-style bed like LG, but I found one on that same site that Dave used to build the playhouse.

Here's a link to the bed that I am considering having daddy build. It's a Pottery Barn inspired bed, but the price tag will be less than half. You can't beat that!!!

I also found the plans for an airplane shelf for Mr. Magoo's transportation inspired room. I am so in love with it. I told David we HAVE to do this one. If you clicked over to it - don't you love it?

I already have the sheet set for BB's room which I found on clearance at Pottery Barn Kids way back, and they suggested to just pair a solid comforter with it. It has a bunch of primary colors like red, blue, black, yellow and green. Very bright with lots of transportation vehicles on it. I finally found one I like and it's this one from Land of Nod. I don't love the price tag, but I have to splurge a little here and there to get the look I want.


I love how it has cargo pockets on the sides and BB can stuff cars or trains or books in there. Cute!

My tricky part is now going to be to find a dresser and a nightstand that I want to match. The blog site doesn't have plans for a matching set to go with the bed, but I am confident that either David can just be creative, or we could go to the unfinished furniture store and find something we can stain ourselves, or start looking at flea markets and things for more of an eclectic look. We'll see. I am starting to get really anxious to get my big boy's room done. I have spring fever for so many reasons!

Another one is the garden we are putting in this year.

That's another blog post.

I'm getting hungry again and the Cheez-it Duoz are calling my name. Gotta run!

No comments: