Little Girl has been singing all morning about "Bay-Cation", about "Da Mountains" and "Col-Da-Ra-Do"! She has especially taken a shine to the whole mountain thing and has created some imaginary friend with it.
Just this morning I was told to "Don't shut that door - Mountain is coming!"
And in the hallway after breakfast, I overheard "shh. Mountain. follow me. This way. I'm going to climb you today!"
and then, when we were leaving the gym, she said "hold the door mommy. Wait for mountain!"
So, apparently - this mountain is a family member at this point and I am going to have to start buying him groceries.
I even found myself responding to her new reality "Ok. I've got the door for Mountain. No. I didn't shut the door on him. Look - he's right there next to you. Grab his hand and let's head to the car."
The other chantings of the day (which I am sure I won't hear on the whole 16 hour drive to Col-da-ra-do) is "I wanna go on ba-cation. I wanna go Right Now Mommy." "When can we go?" I've told Little Girl a bath AND a nap have to happen first before the van pulls away into the blissful land of sugar, staying up late and long, fun hikes with all the family, but she's not really hoppin' on those band wagons.
I need to go start the
For One Week.
One week away from my computer.
One week away from writing and reading your blogs.
I hope I can get past the shakes.
If I find I can't survive, the hubby has informed me a certain computer of his may or may not be sneaking it's way in the van and if I just so feel the need, a post could be written on this trip, along with maybe a few photos of all the fun.
We shall see!
I'm off. See you all in a week!

7 comments:
Kara, Have fun on your vacation. I also wanted to comment on the last post. I felt like you were reading my mind. I am so glad that God knows where we are and loves us.
Have a great time!!
have a great time! can't wait to see pics of all the fun that I am not having...oh sorry. this is about you.
Wow. David was right, you take this blog thing seriously!!! ha... Just to think, a whoooole week without access. Is this where my "blog-life" is headed?
Hope you have a great vacation. Good to hear from ya!
You'll be able to do it no problem. Trust me. Enjoy!!
Have a great time on your vacation! I'll be checking in for Mountain pics!
So Exciting! Have a blast, Kara, David, Little Girl & Mountain!
Post a Comment