Yes I've had a couple of breakdowns with lots of crying and fetal positions, but I think we are in the clear now for a more peaceful season in my life. Fingers crossed. Lots of prayers going up.
Well, let's start with the big news that we sold our house last week. Woo Hoo!! We close Aug. 31st and we decided we better rush on out to Missouri to go look for a new one, because homelessness is SO not in our cards for this year's drama. Ha!
So our first day in town we had around 12 - 15 houses to see. We were feeling rather bleak in the search and were wondering what in the world the Lord had in mind for us to move into, because these joints just weren't cutting it.
Then - we landed on our last house of the day - around 8:00 p.m. at night, no dinner had been eaten by any of us, tired and hungry - and we found it!!!

We found this little gem and we put an offer on it the next morning after going to see it a 2nd time and we got it! It's perfect for our little family. We wanted an old established neighborhood and about 1000 other specific things and I think this house had about 998 of them. Awesome. God was so faithful to us and came through right on time! We close on September 3rd and we are dying to get settled in and make this diamond of a find into our long term home.
Emphasis on the Long Term and heavy on the HOME!
Ok. And next - I know I promised pictures of Little Girl's Ice Cream Party. I finally have the pics on my computer. I am ready to do a post with them and to tell you about all the fun-ness that was had, but now this particular one already seems long and I don't want you all to have to carve out a full hour to look through my life on your screen, so I will save it for another day (this week). I am driving back to Indy tomorrow, so the internet time will be scarce, but I promise not to leave you all for weeks on end.
I hope you all are doing well. Please drop me a line on here and say hi. It never ceases to make me giddy with excitement to see who is reading and who has stopped by. Love you friends!

6 comments:
The house is beautiful! I can't wait to come over and have coffee and scones with you while the kiddos play. I was just thinking how great that God is and how many blessings I am thankful for and this house situation with you is definitely one of them! Can't wait to have you as a neighbor next week!
Hey Kara! I'm so glad you guys found a home already. It's beautiful! I can't wait to see more pictures. God bless you guys and your new start in Missouri!
The house is stunningly beautiful Kara- I'm so glad you found what you wanted. :)
Congratulations, Kara! What a blessing to be able to sell your house and find another one so quickly. And you could never put too many posts or too much information :) I always love hearing about your fam.
So excited that you are moving back and that you found the perfect house! Praying for you throughout this stressful week, wishing I was there to help with the kids and with packing! Hurry up and get 'er done and get here!
That's awesome news! That house really does look like a gem. Can't wait to see what you do with the inside!
Post a Comment