So I'm in Missouri now.
Like - for good.
We drove out of Indy yesterday. Kissed our house and friends goodbye - and made the journey back "home".
We don't close on our new house until September 3rd, so we are staying at the in-laws house for about a week and a half.
We are SO excited to get moved into our new place. And we hope we don't see a cardboard box for a very long time.
Little Girl had her preschool orientation tonight and got settled into her new room and met her sweet teachers. It was so crazy having a real event here in town and it made it feel more real that we live here now. LG is so excited for her new adventure that I couldn't get her to leave. She cried in the car and wanted to go back in. I'm not surprised that my social butterfly wants to be with her "friends" more than anywhere else. That's how her mother is - so I get her!!
My MIL threw a bridal shower this weekend for a friend's daughter and one of the things she made were these Rosemary and Strawberry scones.. They are a recipe from one of our favorite food network stars - Giada.
Hello!
These things were awesome. They are not at all like the scones that I make that are fluffy and biscuit-like and very sweet. They are more like a cookie and they are both sweet and savory and mouth-watering-ly good. I'm totally making these when I have some girlfriends over for some hang-out time. Yummo!
We are so exhausted from packing up our whole house in literally one week and moving across the country that I think tomorrow I will simply rest. No big plans - just kind of settling in.
Baby Boy started taking steps this past week and just in time for me to plan for his 1 year birthday party that is coming up next week. My baby is turning 1 and I can't believe we just moved again.
The Lord makes my life nothing short of an adventure.
Goodnight all!!
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You deserve a restful day! I know you are excited to be "home". So happy for you. Before you know it you will be in your new home. I look forward to those 1st day of school photos. Kylee starts Sept 15th & is so excited too!
Glad everything went so well for you Kara. Anna has been asking for your little girl lately so we'll have to plan a play date soon.
We couldn't be happier to have you all "home." Can't wait to see baby boy walking!
ummm I don't remember getting a kiss .... :)
So glad she is loving her school! That's going to make this transition sooo much easier for her. Kiss those kiddos for me.. I miss them already.
Ummmm...that treat sounds yummy. I'm available whenever you want to make them :)
Post a Comment