Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Makeover Revealed

I know you all have been waiting to see my new playroom as if it were your last request on earth and all - so here it is.

I opted to do the room in only the blue color and then I am painting different things to add into the room later that I will be painting the green color. Let me know what you think. I have big plans for the blank wall, but decorating takes time people.

Ok. Ok. Here are a couple of snapshots of the AFTER PICTURES.



I also thought I would show you the cute curtains my mom made me for my kitchen. They are the perfect little stripey-color of cuteness and add just enough pep to my very "neutral" kitchen at the moment. I am definitely going to be adding some red accents (hopefully a red coffee pot is in my near future, but I can't find one I like). I also have a little Thanksgiving sign hung over my curtains - so don't be confused that they are a part of the actual curtain. :-)

Thank you mommy!


I also have my new chocolate leather couch/chaise in for my living room, so the furniture is officially complete in there. I will post pics of that room this week too. Now I just need to buy curtains, pictures, side tables, bookshelves and throw pillows. That's it. No biggie. It'll only take me a year or so to get that done. :-)

So - I am having so much fun sharing my house with you. Tell me what you think of the playroom. And - I have a few ideas of my own for the blank wall, but if you guys have any to share - please do.

Lastly - my son fell.......again........ and split his mouth open. This time he just tripped up a low stair at the park with daddy and just whacked his sweet face on the step and split the outside of his mouth and his 2 front teeth dove into the inside creating quite the mark. He is now left with what looks like to cancer sores inside and a scab on the outside.

Bu-bble Wrap. Please.

But - if you need to see that he is ok and still contains all of his cuteness - here is proof.

5 comments:

Carli said...

I think Michael contains even more cuteness than before..if that's possible!
Love the playroom colors... but good luck with that ball pit. Do you not remember me having all those balls in my playroom for a SHORT time? yeah... I'm curious how long that will last...lol Mine are all packed up ready to go to a good home!
Can't wait to see the rest of the pics! Can you please come help me now?

Amber said...

very cute Kara! love the blue color- how peaceful :) maybe it will help balance out all the wild playing that will go on in there!

Lynn said...

Love the playroom...love the baby.

Kelly S said...

Hey Kara--looks like a great place to play...maybe fun photos of the kids on the wall?? They're sooo cute you just gotta show them off! I feel your pain...we've been in our house a year and still have an ongoing "to do" list. Are houses ever really done? One thing leads to another.....BUT in this season of Thanksgiving I am very grateful for what we've accomplished thus far AND really thankful the house in Ozark sold...hooray!

The Oswalds said...

Love the playroom! Great decorating job as always! Super cute pics of BB!