Thursday, November 12, 2009

Playroom Makeover

So I am painting.

I hate painting.

Those t.v. shows that say "all you need is a couple of cheap buckets of paint and a couple of coats of color, and it's as easy as that" - are lying.

They have helpers on their shows and people who tape off for them and lay down drop cloths, and they don't have budgets (like real people anyway) and I don't believe it takes "a couple of quick coats" of anything, unless you are painting over white.

Thankyouverymuch.

So. We primed over the hideous muddy green color of death in our playroom and you could still see the green through it a little.
We next tried the orangey-yellow-y color and it was a bust because it kind of looked weird against the honey color of our wood trim that is all throughout the house.

Today, I put some sample colors on the wall that I got inspired with from the Land of Nod Home Page, and I must say I am LOVING them.

Here is a couple of BEFORE pictures of our playroom.



See the blue and green options? Don't you love them?

You can also see the faint hint of the orange color behind the primer that I just ran over a few minutes ago. Trying to block that out of my memory a little bit.

Well, the playroom is in chaos and the kids are anxious for us to finish quickly. Their toys are strewn (as you can see) haphazardly in the middle and they can only see over the fence of dining room chairs blocking their entrance into their land of fun. Our goal is to be completely done by the end of the weekend. My mother-in-law gave me a great idea and told me I should put the armoire in between the 2 windows and then put little window benches under each window for seating. Then I can do my storage cubes around the sides of that and then the whole rest of the room is a space for play, play and more play. I love it! I am feeling inspired again to get that room tackled. My friend Julie and I have talked about how neither one of our new homes has ONE completed room yet and it is kind of making us go a little wacky in the head.

With that said - I'm going to tackle this playroom and make it fun and cute and hopefully a place where my children want to spend the majority of their days! :-)

On a final note - some pics of the kiddos

We had a Thanksgiving potluck at Little Girl's school today and it was very cute. Here is a snapshot of the 3 of us enjoying our time there. (Baby Boy was home being spoiled by Grandma).


Also - the other day when we were able to enjoy a full day outside in our backyard - Little Girl decided she wanted to be a mommy and actually feed Baby Boy all of his lunch. Here is how he looked in the process.


.

He loved every minute of it!

No comments: