Friday, November 20, 2009

Weekend with Haircuts and Leaves

It's Friday people. This is a reason for celebrating. In the mommy world - it means the next 2 days are full of "family" events and not just mom doing it all by herself trying to wrangle her kids and keeping her sanity in tact. Yay for Weekends!!

David is heading home from work soon and will be going on a little 5 mile run. He has to do a 15 mile run this weekend to stay on track with his training for his marathon in January. Go honey!!

Tonight we are doing 2 things and 2 things only. Haircuts at Cookie Cutters for my darlings and then making S'mores muffins for Big Breakfast tomorrow. Little Girl has requested these and so we are whipping up our batch of 6 tonight. And Yes- to those of you who started prepping this recipe and getting ready to bake and realized that it only makes a tiny batch of 6 - I apologize. I should've mentioned that in my post about them. I have no earthly idea why they do that, but I had the same realization and had to double it at the last second and that only gave me 12, when I could've used around 20 or so. That is the only bummer on this recipe. But - the marshmallow creme and chocolate tend to make up for what it lacks in quantity. :-)

Tomorrow the weather should be nice, so we are doing our FINAL raking of leaves in our yard and then throwing some grass seed down for good measure. I love our trees, but the raking - not so much after the 4th round. Know what I mean??

Our evenings this weekend will be filled with hanging out at Dave's parents house since his sister and her husband are coming in from Tennessee. Pizza and moving furniture for his mom is on the agenda tomorrow and then Sunday night his Dad gets home from India and we are having a big dinner together with everyone. I am trying to hold on to my weight loss like a long lost friend, but I have to admit I am sinking into holiday mode and I am struggling. I have not given up though and am atleast still ordering drinks from Starbucks on the "skinny" side as opposed to throwing all caution to the wind and ordering one with full fat. That shows commitment. :-)

I have all my socks purchased for my cute little baby sock advent calendar and I also have my "fun things to do" written out for all the days. Now all I need is to attach it to the fireplace or wherever it will land once I have my Christmas decor up and styling. Can't wait to watch the wonder in my kids eyes this season. Thank you Jesus for coming into this crazy world and giving us such a full and new and glorious life to experience here on this earth.

Happy Weekend everybody!

1 comment:

Nina said...

I made the s'mores muffins recently and wisely doubled the recipe too. I swiped a few to toss in the freezer before we gobbled them up. I will let you know if they are just as good out defrosted. I found them very yummy...but am still deciding if they are worth the work and calories.

I also made your black bean salsa dish in the crock pot. I had my niece and nephews over (Lora's bday - they went out to dinner) and Summer said, "Does my mom have this recipe?" She loved it!

What else you got for us?