I have a great husband.
He is an even more awesome daddy to both Little Girl and Baby Boy.
He is on a camping trip right now with LG and with 2 of his friends and their little 5 year olds. The forecast was calling for rain and all sorts of weather craziness, so they found a cabin instead so that they wouldn't disappoint the kiddos. From the texts and phone calls I have received, they are having a BLAST!!
They ate a healthy meal of McDonalds on the way to their destination last night and then picked up the ingredients for Smores to do around the campfire. You HAVE to do Smores on a camping trip! They found their cabin and the kids began playing some spy game (2 girls and one boy) and then they discovered that from the second level they could launch pillows down onto the daddy's who were sitting on the couch chatting down below.
I think that is my favorite part.
They got up this morning and took the kids for a hike and who knows what else. Rumor from the other wives is that they are hitting a bbq joint on their way back into town and then should be home sometime this afternoon.
I know LG is having so much fun and I am so thankful for these fun memories that she is making with her daddy and her friends. Baby Boy and I went to Grandma's last night and had some laughs of our own. He slept overnight there so that mommy could get up and go garage saleing all alone and find ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. So frustrating. But the quiet in the car was just lovely.
I did make some yummy taco soup yesterday and shared the recipe over at The Recipe Box.. Go check it out - especially if your forecast is cloudy and rainy for the next 5 days like ours!
Happy Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment