Thursday, November 18, 2010

boots, plate wall & other stuff

First of all, let me say that I did order some boots from Zappos.com, like several of you girls suggested. I ordered 2 pair to try since you can't go wrong with a 365 day return policy and free paid shipping both here and back if you return.

I did in fact return both pair because I didn't love the color on the tall ones and the shorter ones made me look kind of.......not attractive in the leg department.

But, I will tell anyone to order from there because it was the easiest and most friendly online purchasing I have ever done in my life. Kudos to you Zappos!!

I kept fighting the good fight and headed over to Macy's for their Veteran's Day Sale and checked out the boots department once again.

I totally scored.

They look exactly like these, but the buckle thing is in the back. I couldn't find the exact ones online and I wasn't going to go put them on with my sweats so you could see. Sorry. :-)
And, remember all my requirements? These actually met them all except for they do have a slight, slight heel, which I didn't end up caring about, and they cost me $60 exactly, so only $10 more than I wanted. I call that a WIN!!

I love them. I wore them out on Tuesday and I felt like I had just brought my wardrobe up to date in the first time in ages. I haven't been buying myself much in the clothing department in awhile and the selections are just getting sad my friends.

Very sad.

But, the boots totally help and I appreciate all your support on my journey of fashion. :-)

Speaking of dining rooms and decorating, (I know. I just made that up) - I finally got my plate wall started in my dining room. I haven't done much with this room since we moved in and I am starting to want to add some life in there.

Here is what we have up so far.

And a little more close-up


I am wanting to add some wall words up top, so I am currently searching for something whimsical and fun that pertains to eating, so feel free to share any ideas you have seen. I am also thinking about adding another small plate on either side to elongate the design a little bit, or maybe some candle sconces. Not sure. I've also got to find some things to tie my colors together in here so it doesn't look so flat, but I haven't figured out how to do that as of yet. I found my plates at all different places: Walmart, TJ Maxx, Marshalls and I'm not sure where else. I finally felt like I had a good selection to get 'em up on the wall. U like??

I'll keep you posted.

On a final note, Little Girl melted my heart this morning by asking if she could be the one to pray before she got out of the car at preschool. She laid one hand on me and one on Baby Boy and asked if the Lord would watch over both of us today and keep us safe while we were out without her and to keep Daddy safe on his trip. Sigh.......

That was almost as good as her telling us the other day that ".....it was so good to be in the house of the Lord today!". I love this child. I feel God's love every time I look at these 2 faces that look up to me and call me Mommy.

Precious!

Go check out my recipe for using your Thanksgiving Leftovers over at The Recipe Box. Hurry! You'll be ahead of the game! :-)

No comments: