Sunday, January 23, 2011

We've been busy.....doing the potty dance!



I'm not sure I'm ready for this.

But Baby Boy seems to think it's fun.

I already feel my sweat starting to bead up with all the messes, the sitting next to the filthy toilet squatting down by him in a Target bathroom reading him books and trying to distract him to hope he potties there and not while he's sitting in the cart down the make-up aisle.

Friday night my big Boy went in the potty for us and was so excited that I decided to run with it. We hopped in the car with Little Girl and headed to Target for some of the essentials.

Unner-wears (Baby Boy's verbage)
Pull-ups
M&M's - of course
stickers - Buzz Lightyear all the way
an extra potty seat for downstairs and on the go car emergencies

I told the girl at the check-out that I bet she had no idea what we were there for. :-)

$45 later - we were set.

We came home and he pottied on the floor twice and both times declaring - "look mommy!" as he stood and watched it dribble down his leg. Thankfully we have hardwood floors throughout the kitchen and this is where said accidents occurred.

Then, BB was naked and standing there and gave us a look and hopped right over to his froggy seat and pottied for like 10 years.

Yes he did. That little big boy.

I was leery about Saturday because we had plans to go to Branson, but I wanted to keep moving in the same direction. We put a pull-up on him and told him to tell us if he has to go. He has actually still never done this, but he did say "I poop!" when we were in a restaurant and I immediately ripped him out of his seat and rushed him to the restroom. He hadn't done it yet and immediately did his "thang" and acted like it was all so very natural. Boys and their poo........I tell ya.

The best part was that when we walked back into the restaurant he yelled at the top of his lungs "I pooped Grandma! I pooped!.......and it was a BIG ONE!!!" HaHaHaHa!!!! There was lots of giggling from the tables around us and that of course made him want to say it all the more. We told him that we could only talk about our poo in whispers at restaurants and he started lowering his voice........a little.

He went a lot in the potty throughout the whole day and several times for me at church this morning. He is still wetting his pull-ups a little in between potties, but seriously, I am already taking him every 25 minutes. I think he holds out on me. I am hoping that it clicks soon for him to start telling me he has to go, but we shall see.

I am excited to possibly have NO CHILDREN IN DIAPERS, but then on the other hand, that makes me want to curl in the fetal position and cry for a good hour or two. I'm not kidding.

We are most likely done building our family, but who knows - only God knows.

However, when talking about wanting a puppy the other day with LG (SHE wants one), I told her that as long as there are no more kiddos and once BB is potty-trained - we can talk about it. She proceeded to ask what kiddos were and I told her it would mean mommy and daddy having another baby.

She immediately replied, "oh, well, then, we don't need any more babies.....I just want a puppy."

There you have it.

Here's some more shots of my boy in his "unner-wears". I asked him for a booty shot and this is what he gave me. :-)


2 comments:

Julie said...

I can't believe BB is old enough to use the potty. He's the baby of the group :(. On the other hand, the diaper fund ca be used for new shoes or manicures monthly :)

Lynn said...

Awww!!!! So sweet....and yet SO glad I'm not there yet with Camille. It's so great when you don't have to use diapers, but ugh, the process to get there is PAINFUL!

Love the restaurant story.