Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Life Update

Please don't grab a cup of coffee for this one or even attempt to get comfortable and settle in for an enlightening post that I can assure you is not going to follow. (I know you have come to expect enlightening from me, and yet today, well, you will be so sorely mistaken.) Ha!

I'm obviously kidding in case you didn't already gather that. I know you all are way quicker to detect sarcasm than I give ya credit!

Any-who-zie (I chose to add a touch of wimsy to my typical "grandma-like" "anywho" comment - did you enjoy it?)

I've lost 5 pounds girls!! Me and Weight Watchers are on the right track and I am working out like a mad woman.

Yep - I sweat and everything about 4 to 5 times a week and follow my points (as closely as a girl can humanly do) pretty well.

I already feel that loosening grip from my jeans that are a little less attached to my thighs as of this week and that provides the much needed encouragement to keep going.

Hubby and I both have about 7 pounds or so to go to get back to the "pre-packing, pre-moving, pre-vacation, pre-stressful new life" weight that we had just a few short months ago. We have decided to make it interesting to see who can get back to their bless-ed number first, but we haven't decided on what the other person gets if they win.

I am probably going to be asking for a nice long back-rub (it's cheap and the boy is pretty good at giving these). I haven't heard what he wants......hmmmm.

Last bit of news on the house is that we did a pre-drywall walk-through today and everything looks pretty great. They will inspect it tomorrow and if it passes, they will start putting the siding on the house, insulate it and add the drywall this week.

Our builder says that we are about 60 days from closing as of next Monday!!!! Can you believe it?? This is, of course, if everything goes well from here on out. We are praying it does. The interest rates have thrown us for a little loop this week because they jumped from 6% to nearly 7% since we last talked to our lender about locking in a rate. We are crying inside thinking about the realities of what that is going to do to our mortgage payment. Ugh!! Anyway - it will all work out in the end. Hey - we had a house in Bristow, Virginia that we mortgage for 9.25% interest at one point in our lives. Anything has to be better than that!

I will post pictures soon. I ran out of time today, but will definitely get to it tomorrow.

That's all for today. Please go back to doing something really important.

Love from Indiana.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh girl, you are lucky that I'm even checking your blog anymore after that Golden Girls comment on mine. The gloves are off! Ha! Glad to hear the progress on the house. More importantly glad to hear about the 5 lbs! Yah! I'd probably ask for a new pair of shoes instead of a backrub. New shoes last longer and are oh so pretty!

Anonymous said...

No way, Julie, NOTHING is better than a back rub.....I am with you, Kara! And I also agree with you about the Golden Girls, but don't tell Julie.....I'm just a stalker on her blog.....I'm afraid she won't wanna be friends with me and I might get left out of the St. Louis trip.....

Alana said...

Great job on the weight loss. I'm down 6 pounds now, but I've been at it longer and I have a lot farther to go than you! It seems SLOW going here, but I am plugging away. How did your time with Rochelle go??