Sunday, July 6, 2008

Vacation Chronicles - II

It is Sunday.

We had a good church day today.

We were able to connect with some of our new friends after church and hang out at their house. It was relaxing. It felt "natural" just to hang out with them, and it was a much needed experience after feeling so alone over these past 6 weeks of being the "new kids on the block". Thanks Adam and Kristin!

Little girl had a blast too. I have pictures to prove her fun time as well that I will post later (can you say markers that were used for makeup?) Stay tuned.

Oh yes.

Onto our Vacation Chronicles.

Some details that were remiss in my former post I feel I should share, because this is what a good blogger does - we SHARE. And SHARE. And SHARE some more.

I mentioned we went horseback riding, but did I tell you that I had a crazy allergy spell for the first 3 days of the trip? The worst being when we went on our "relaxing" 2 hour horseback ride? I was the musical entertainment for the duration of our ride because I literally sneezed the ENTIRE time! It was horrible. I paid $50 to sneeze and wipe my nose and scratch at my eyes and think evil thoughts about a horse named "royal" who was causing me so much misery. Ugh.

Little girl also had severe leg cramps for the first few days - once being pretty bad after she went to bed and they woke her up (and us) in the middle of the night.

In our Tent.

While everyone else in the campsite was asleep.

I kid you not this girl has the worst growing pains ever. She screamed and screamed grabbing at her legs that they were hurting her and it was so tough because you can't comfort her when she is hurting like that. Thankfully my sis-in-law - who is our homeopathy in the family gave me some magnesium to put in her drink cup every morning and she said that it should loosen up the muscles and take care of the problem. Since I've been doing this - we've had no more troubles. So far. :-)

One of my favorite parts of this trip was listening to Little Girl yell from wherever she was "Oh Bo-oys!" "Come He-ere!" over and over and over. She loves her boys and I am pretty sure they are smitten with her too. Watching them all play together so sweetly was a sight to behold for this mama.

We finally polished off our trip with one of those things that really makes you say "I would like to rewind and start the morning over". David got up early to move our van so that my sister and family could head on out of Colorado to start heading home and well, first of all, it was early. David was tired, and there was this crazy hill that he had to kind of back out on to to move said van. Unfortunately, my brother's van was also on this hill and my tired husband "hit" their van.

Not a way to end a fun trip - let me tell ya.

So, we shall be spending some of our leftover vacation money on paying for repairs on my brother's vehicle.

Fun!

Anyhoo. He forgave us (at least I think he did.) and we are still calling each other family at this point.

Another year will pass before it comes time for another vacation to be had, and when it does, I hope it was as fun as this one!

6 comments:

Natalie K said...

Did I win the blue light 100th post give away that seemed to come and go without a notice from anyone??? HAHA I love that you had so much fun in CO!! N

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you had so much fun. I've missed your blog & we still miss seeing you next door!

Amie said...

My kids both had those crazy growing leg pains. Not fun. Glad to hear someone else has experienced it too. Not that I want your wee one to hurt. And why always at night?!?!? I spent many a night trying to stay awake enough to rub a hurting leg or foot. Those days did end, so take heart she will eventually grow out of those quirky leg pains.

Christie's Corner said...

Ok, I think it's time for "couples backing up the minivan therapy" for you and your hubby!

Kara said...

I am laughing really hard right now about the "couples therapy" comment Christie. Nice one.

Julie said...

Wouldn't it had been funny if David hit your brother's van in the same spot that made your horn go crazy. 18 hours of horn honking on the way home would have been hilarious! The growing pains aren't happening here yet. Poor Little Girl. I would have tossed her in Gma and Gpa's tent and went back to sleep!