Monday, July 21, 2008

Whew! I must've been worn out from that Giveaway

Did you think I was on a blogging break?

Oh. You didn't even realize that I was gone, huh?

That hurts.

Ok. Anyway. Moving on.

I must've been so worn out from my giveaway last Friday that I couldn't think of anything to blog about over the weekend. It also could've been the fact that the 2 exciting things that transpired were we made a couple of large purchases.

First, we found a refrigerator that was such a great deal that we couldn't pass it up.



I really like the fact that it has so much room on top and we can store all the boatloads of food that our little family of 3 purchases on any given week. I have always thought it would be cool to have our freezer on the bottom and, well, now we know how the other half lives! Ha!

The fridge was nearly $1000 off from it's regular price for this huge tent sale because it is last year's model. Bonus!

Second, our steal of the weekend was we had been looking for a breakfast nook table to put in the new house now that we have our first formal dining room (yeah, we aren't going to be using this room for several years - are we??).

Anyway.

We had found a table that was "pretty close" to what we were looking for and it was in our budget and we were going to buy it once we got a little closer to move in date, but lo and behold, guess who had a table that was almost identical to what we were looking for, for about $400 less?

BIG LOTS!

Are you kidding? How cool is this?



We went out there yesterday with our trusty 20% off your purchase coupon we got from the church and found the table that would work out just perfectly for our new little home.

New stuff? Big savings? I guess I did have some fun things to blog about!

Have a good Monday. I will post pictures of the house soon. The roof is done. The garage doors are in and the electrical and HVAC is all done as well. And, the screened in porch out back is looking mighty fine!!! Can't wait to live in this place!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited about all your great deals:-) I had to leave church early yesterday. Ryan had a fever and was a very cranky little man. I have to take him to the doctor today. Yay for me and my first big adventure driving to the north side in Jon's car:-) TTYL.

Amber said...

Love the table! Maybe I should check out big lots too!

Jamie said...

I am glad you are back. I noticed you were gone because I am a nerd who checks my blogs atleast twice a day. Can't wait to see your updated house pictures.

Lynn said...

Congrats! Those are some great finds!

Genny said...

What a fun weekend! And don't you just love getting a good deal?!

Kara said...

Jamie - Thanks for the go boost.

And....you only check blogs twice a day? I think I'm up to an embarrassing number of around 4 times a day!

Get a life Kara!

Anonymous said...

You are making me want to move! Your life is way more exciting than mine right now! It is so fun to buy new things for a new house! I want some new things too! I'll probably have to settle for something a little smaller than a refrigerator or a breakfast table....like new shoes or something..........bummer!

Julie said...

I have refrigerator jealousy right now. I want that one! I love it! The table is perfect also. I can picture many wonderful family meals at it.