Little girl needed a check-up to see why in the world she has been barking like a seal for 4 1/2 weeks. Thank you allergies.
Baby Boy needed a well-check up and my man is a whopping 9 lbs and 1 0z now. He is still a small 20 1/2" long though, so we shall see how he pans out over the months to come. He's so cute!
The doctor mentioned the fact that me, the hubby and LG should get a flu shot with a new baby in the house. I said "sure" and told LG that we needed to just get a little stick in our arms to make sure we don't get any "sickies" this winter.
She was on board at this point.
I told her I would go first and she was again still on board.
I showed her my brave face and pulled my shirt down over my shoulder so they could give me my "stick" and she wanted to follow suit in the exact same way for her turn.
LG put on her brave face (which was really cute by the way) and she was looking at me as I tried to distract her from seeing the needle. And, wouldn't you know it - she looks right over as the needle starts to go in and she freaks.
She. FREAKS.
She starts jumping away and swings at the needle knocking it out of her arm and it starts to bleed a little bit. The nurse just says "Oh! My!" and looked at me quite bewildered. Her words were, "but she was doing so well."
Yeah. I thought so too. She didn't get "all" of the flu shot in her arm, but let me just say that she was not going to let that nurse put it in again. She told me later she was sorry she jumped away and knocked it out of her arm, but I assured her that it was ok and we will be braver next time.
Wow. That was fun.
We headed to one of my fav's - Trader Joe's - afterwards and did a little shopping. LG got her own mini-cart and she spotted all of her favorite foods along the aisles and started sticking them in her cart as I praised her "good eye" of what mommy likes to buy her from this store. This place is so stinkin' cool because in the back where they always have yummy samples, they also have a picture of a "lost" animal that the kids can find that day in the store. If they find it- they get to come back to pick a treat out of the basket. Well, we spotted this lost lion who was perched atop some organic olive oil and LG RAN back to get her organic lolli-pop to top off our shopping experience. Did I mention she got a balloon on the way out too?
I LOVE THIS STORE!!!
The day was full and fun and tomorrow has the potential for some more fun, and also, some stress, because.........
It's Picture Day!
The outfits have been picked out. The hair has been trimmed and I pray the strawberry LG got on her face tonight at the gym will be gone by 12:30 tomorrow.
I will keep you posted on the glamour shots that we attain from our adventure.
Oh - and here's some cute pics of the kiddos in some more of their new clothes from our shopping spree.

9 comments:
you're kidding me! jude has the monkeying around outfit too. ha!
Um...I can think of a few more things a mommy's life is made of. :-)
Thanks for the plug on Trader Joe's that we can't even go to, here in Missouri! Can't wait to go to Price Cutter tomorrow.....no organic lollipops, no balloons....my poor children. :-(
Cute pix.....love the strawberry shortcake shirt (which LG can wear tomorrow to match the strawberry on her face....hee hee.....)
umm...Sounds like you had a fun filled day, ha. Is baby boy sucking his thumb in that first picture of him? I hope and pray your pics turn out cute tomorrow. Have fun:-)
I can't believe how fast BB is growing. Are you putting Miracle Grow in his bottle? Seriously, I think I saw a pot belly on him in one of the pics. Did LG have her gymnastics class tonight? I hope she loved it! Good luck tomorrow with pics. You are brave, so very brave. I would try to give you "how to do professional pics with 2 kids advice" but the thought of going is making me shake.
I am proud that LG got atleast a little of the shot. That's pretty scary. You should've seen my 7 year old at her last shot. It was bad. BB is the cutest thing. I want to kiss him.
Oh my, that picture with your sleepin' baby boy all snuggled up in softness.....SMOOCH!
I heart TJ's.
I love the last one of Makenna, Kara! It's adorable!
It is not right that I live so far away and cannot squeeze your children. And if by chance, we did get to see you and I did squeeze your children, they would be frightened and wonder why a stranger is squeezing them....but they are so cute I would squeeze them anyway. :) miss you, love sue
Cute Kiddos! in cute clothes. I love LG's pigtails & BB's little socks!
love ya!
Post a Comment