Friday was a day filled with playdates, friends and the anticipation of our big "Night of Praise" at our church that my hubby was running all the technical stuff for. We were so excited for the night and had just went to the rehearsal and heard glimpses of the CD release the night before. The music sounded amazing.
We all got our naps in that afternoon and when the troops woke me up, it was snack time for LG and bottle time for my hungry BB.
LG was in her chair eating goldfish all but a minute when I see her shifting around and losing her balance on the kitchen chair. Down the princess came right on that dern left shoulder (the one she just injured with a collar bone hairline fracture 2 1/2 weeks ago). She screamed and I laid BB down to go to her side. She couldn't move her arm and was crying out of control. I started to feel a bit panicky and I immediately called my neighbor to come feed my crying baby so I could tend to LG. Daddy was in the heat of getting ready for the big night, so I couldn't call him for assistance. This did not add to my lack of calm.
My friend took BB for me (of which LG kept crying most of the way to the clinic that she wanted BB back and why did she take my baby?? - gut wrenching) and I headed to Urgent Care for x-rays fully expecting the collar bone to be more severely broken. Long, long and longer story short - they x-rayed her arm to check on the elbow, only to find out that she broke both bones in her fore-arm. They are calling it a "collie fracture" and my child was so brave the whole time at the clinic. She repeatedly and sweetly kept telling the doctor to "be careful" when dealing with her arm and she also shouted out "bye doctor! Thank you for helping me!" as we exited.
We had to run by the church to pick up our baby boy after all the drama and we ran into a few people in the hallway - one of which gave her a cookie, another of which told her to tell me whatever she wanted for dinner and I would get it for her - maybe even a milkshake - and one of which gave her $1 for her sorrows. People are sweet in times of trouble in a 3 year olds life - aren't they? The sweetest thing was that LG wanted to give her money to Jesus and one of our maintenance guys at the church took her by the hand and said she needed to put the money in the offering plate herself.
She did.
Mommy was dawg-gone proud of her.
We did in fact end the night with a grilled cheese sandwich and a chocolate shake from Steak-n-Shake. Yum. And - we've watched movies until our eyes have started spinning. Sometimes it's fun to have an owie.
Tomorrow is casting day for the princess and her desire now is for the color to be purple. We have been babying her arm as much as we can since they only have it in a splint for now, but she doesn't complain of much pain on a constant basis and we are anxious to get tomorrow over with.
Any prayers would be appreciated for our day that is ahead and I will be posting pics of my girlie's arm soon. For now - I shall go bubble-wrap this accident prone cutie-pie.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
You poor girlies- my momma's heart goes out to you and LG. I hope the time goes by fast for you and this is all soon just a crazy memory. (:
Poor baby girl (& momma!) I'll pray for a quick and speedy recovery. Glad it's winter and not summer too, that would have presented a whole lot more challenges!
I am so sorry. If she is anything like my girl, that cast won't stop her at all. Maybe we should patent some kid shaped bubble wrap suits for our two girls.
P.S. Make sure they give you a cast cover for her cast. It's a nifty arm shaped device (I hadn't seen before) that sort of suctions over her arm and makes bath time a piece of cake. Don't forget!!
Oh my goodness! So sorry LG! So sorry Mommy! Hope she gets the purple cast.
love,
Shauna
Thanks Jamie! I'm totally asking for that cast cover! Nice tip girl!
I just feel so bad for you both. I hope everything heals up quikcly!
Really loving your Give Thanks list!
Unfortunately, I can relate to you on this subject matter since Cooper broke his leg last week. It's heartbreaking for a momma and not much fun for the little guy (or girl). Praying that God protects all of our babies and this will be over quickly.
Oh my!!! How tragic. Praise God that those little bones will heal. That had to be a VERY unpleasant trip to the clinic. Glad she was so sweet to everyone there.
Poor sugar. I think your bubble wrap trick is a great idea! I broke my arm and dislocated my elbow in 1st grade. It is not fun, but $, fun dinners, and lots of attention goes a long way.
Post a Comment