I'm bloated.
Let's just start there.
There is significant cramping and bloating in the belly region and I am not sure if it is from the 3 pieces of pie I ate today or the doughnut I topped the night off with. Either way - I am feeling whale-like and would like to go into hibernation this winter if you all don't mind.
We have had a nice steady stream of family and fun here at our house over this holiday season and it has been so much fun hanging out with the people I love the most. Even amongst David, myself and both children having sniffles and coughing spells and generally not feeling well or sleeping well - it was still fun in my book.
I was singing a song to Little Girl in the car on the way home about how much I loved her and then she stopped me at the end and smiled really big saying, "mommy. I just love myself!"
Oh the self-esteem issues we have on our hands here. Jimminy.
I was also dressing her in her room yesterday as I quietly giggled to myself hearing her song she was singing under her breath. "Mommy. is. dressing. me, but. I. don't. like. it. But. that's. ok." Ha! Atleast she is getting her feelings out through song.
Maybe I have a musician or an artsy-fartsy gal on my hands!
I have to share one of my highlights from our eating festivities that my hubby discovered and made for us. They are Pumpkin Pancakes and I will be sharing that recipe with you this week. They are super great and you have to tell me if you make them and love them as much as I do.
My siblings and I did a blast from the past moment with all the kiddos and we taught them a game that our dad taught us. It's a simple game called "touch, taste and smell" and you basically just blindfold the kids and start bringing stuff from the kitchen to them to.......yep - touch, taste and smell. They all guess together what they thought the item was. It is one of those super simple and fun games that didn't cost a dime and was one of our favorite childhood memories. They enjoyed this game for the most part. My daughter would watch us pull the item out, however, and close her eyes right as we put something in front of her and she would act so surprised to guess what it was. What a booger. Fun memory though.
Anybody have any fun Thanksgiving moments to share? Here are some pics of our last week with the family. Having trouble putting captions on, but check out the "flags" LG made and put on our trees! Creativity at it's finest.

5 comments:
The pictures couldn't be any cuter! Love them. I'm feeling the same way you are-bloated and "whale like." The bad thing is Thanksgiving was 2 days ago and I still feel this way. So glad you are enjoying your family time. LG looks adorable in her cast. I haven't had anyone sign Cooper's though. Maybe I should change that b/c LG's looks so cute. Wonder if we get to keep the casts for momentos. Sounds crazy, but us moms are like that. Have a great weekend and call me when you get some quiet time :)
Surely LG's cold isn't still the one she got from Reagan (although you can't prove that's where it came from)! Kara-I am so sorry! I need to hear you say that you forgive me and that YES, you do want us to stop by again when we travel to Michigan - no matter how sick we are! Ha-just kidding about the sick part! I really am so sorry that LG is sick! Ok, on to your blog - adorable pix - LG looks so grown up and beautiful in that picture with the "flags." I see you found a shirt that goes over the cast. I am so glad that you had a great Thanksgiving with your family!
I guess "The Gobble Gobble News Report" was not usually a tradition at your home? Well, unfortunately for all at our Thanksgiving celebration, it was here. My cousin and I would tackle serious issues with microphone in hand, such as, "Exactly what IS in that green jello salad?!" And, our annual interview with the guys after they had gone hunting. Yes, good stuff. FUN stuff. Good memories. Thanks for sharing your hoiday memories - Sure looked like FUN!
hey girl! I'm finally here to catch up. Looks like holiday celebrating at its finest. Love the pic's of your little ones getting loved on and loving on each other. Too cute!
Post a Comment