Hi everyone. I have several posts in my head right now - including pictures from the wedding of course!
But, today, I ran across this blog post from my friend Alana's blog, and decided it would be super fun to participate in the Giving Thanks Challenge.
Do you guys wanna play too? I know some of my buds who read this don't have blogs, but one way that you could participate is that every time you leave me a comment (which means that you actually have to leave a comment. Ahem.) you could mention one thing you are feeling thankful for at that moment.
It's Thanksgiving season after all, and there's nothing better than teaching our little ones to be thankful for all that they have and all that God does for us in our everyday lives.
I will be posting something I am thankful for every day until Thanksgiving on my side bar. Just go to this blog and check out how you can play too! It will do all our hearts good to read how you are feeling thankful, so spread some cheer to our souls - would ya?
I have to admit that one of my favorite parts about Thanksgiving is all the yummy food, hanging out with family for long, joyous days and getting a break from the "everyday life" that a holiday can bring, but there is also such joy in finding ways to be thankful to the Lord for all he has done in our lives. Even in the most difficult of seasons when I would cry more than I would smile, I chose to journal, and when I look back at that journal, it gives me such great pleasure to see all the ways God was still working in my heart even in the midst of my trials. Thankfulness can pull us out of our "funks" and open our eyes to God's Goodness.
C'mon - let's get our Thankfulness on!!!
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a fun blog.
I'm playing too! Found you through the Giving Thanks Challenge master site.
I think this might just be the best month of the year with a focus like this.
A Thankful Heart is a Happy Heart!
I think right now I'm thankful for calm, peaceful seasons. I don't feel like I've been in one of those for a long time...mostly from self-inflicted worry and stress! So to sum up...I'm thankful for pure peace.
What a fun blog you have here - I've enjoyed my visit today! How cool that you're the mommy of two adopted kids. I'm adopted myself! And the "letting go" issues with the oldest child? My oldest just moved out a few weeks ago, and is renting the acreage right across the road from us. Definitely out of the house, yet still close enough. =)
Thanks for participating in the Giving Thanks challenge this month. I'm praying a special blessing for all who are taking part. We are so blessed!
Have a great Thanksgiving!
~ Leah
Post a Comment