Sunday, November 30, 2008

Want some new recipes?

I mentioned that I would post my Pumpkin Pancake Recipe this week and I decided I would also post another family favorite that is awesome to serve at Open Houses or to bring to someone's house for a get together or just for any night of the week.  They are Barbecue Meatballs and they are a hit everywhere I go.

First - you can go here to get your breakfast food fix for the season.  I didn't make the pecan maple syrup with these, but if you do - I'm sure it will make them even better.  These Pumpkin Pancakes are kickin' and I didn't have a person not love them that was at my house this week. You've gotta dish these up over the month of December if you want to be loved and honored and cherished and you want children to "rise up and call you bless-ed!"  

Yeah - they're that good!!

And, Here is my mama's recipe for Barbecued Meatballs.  Awesome.

1 1/2 lbs. ground chuck (or whatever you like to use - don't use turkey though)
1 cup oats
1 egg
1 small can evaporated milk (not the 12 oz size)
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. chili powder

Combine all ingredients and form into walnut-sized balls.  Line pan with foil and place meatballs on the sheet - not touching.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Sauce:

1 1/2 cups ketchup
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 Tbsp. liquid smoke
1/2 tsp. chili powder
a little (1 -2 Tbsp) chopped onion

Put sauce ingredients in large pot and let simmer.  Add meatballs once they are done cooking in the oven and serve.  We either eat them just like this or I place them over some pillowy jasmine rice.  Either way, it's always a hit!

One of these days I need to do a recipe swap on here and get some good ones from you too.  I would love to hear if you try these.  

Happy Sunday everyone.





3 comments:

Natalie K said...

i LOVE THE NEW cHRISTMAS BLOG! bEAUTIFUL

Anonymous said...

The other day I told Summer B. I needed some new meal ideas and asked her what she likes that her mom makes the best. She said he favorite are meatballs. I was telling Lora she said that and Lora said, "Oh, those are Kara's meatballs! She made them for our Christmas party and Summer loved them so I got the recipe." Fun that you mentioned them!

Lynn said...

I'm loving your new holiday look by the way...

These look scrumptious! I will let you know when I try them...I just bought some pumpkin today!