We've had a full week of childhood drama here at our house. Daddy was away on business for a few days and we were left to fend for ourselves here at home.
The children were pretty good for the most part - unless you count Baby Boy waking up crying several times in the night on various occasions and Little Girl calling down for me at midnight only to find a log of poo on the floor exclaiming "I did a poo in my pull-up and it woked me up!".
Awesome.
Well, last night was our last night of just the 3 of us and I was getting them all ready for bed thankful that I had stayed in for the night because the weather seemed to be turning yucky. The wind got louder and then the lightening and thunder started in with the heavy rains. While the final teeth were being brushed - the lights flickered once and then again and then they didn't come back on.
Lovely.
The storm was getting so loud that baby boy woke up and was crying pretty hard and I didn't even have to wonder if Little Girl was sleeping with me that night. I had them both with me for a little bit and then decided to try putting BB back down and he went fairly willingly.
I pulled our air mattress into LG's room and decided we all needed to sleep upstairs together since my monitor for BB wouldn't work without power. I had to soothe crying and scared children back to sleep on several occasions, but all in all - I kind of secretly enjoyed laying next to my daughter in her room and being there to "protect" her from the storm. She showed no signs of fear as long as I was there and as long as I was singing her a song.
This morning Daddy was coming home and we still had no power and therefore felt a need to meet somewhere for breakfast was in order. We went to a place called Paradise Bakery. I had never eaten there before and it tasted so great that it kinda made up for all the power outage drama! I had this spinach and 3 cheese quiche and David had a bowl of oatmeal (that happened to be served on top of a warm home-made oatmeal raisin cookie) and LG had a yogurt cup with granola, a mini-muffin, some milk and a bowl of fruit. We haven't went out for breakfast in awhile, so this was such a fun treat.
The best part was that they are known for their amazing cookies, so we snuck a couple of those home too - just because.
Glad I have lights and internet back though. I can't go more than 24 hours people. Seriously.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
sounds like lots of fun! we have had some fun adventures with the potty as well- I guess she wasn't as well trained as I originally thought!
I love cuddling with Adeline and seeing the fear ease from her face just because mommy said it is okay.
Yummy breakfast!
Post a Comment